For the angry people

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Anyone bold enough to admit that we didn’t really play that poorly last night other than a few miscues on offense? Say what you want, but the team improved from the Kentucky game.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Anyone bold enough to admit that we didn’t really play that poorly last night other than a few miscues on offense? Say what you want, but the team improved from the Kentucky game.
But miscues are the reason we struggle. When it takes so many plays to get down the field, you will eventually do something bad or stall out. One drive was 15 plays for 39 yards.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
If my math is correct - that's an average of 2.6 yards per play.
How much of that is Bama and how much of that is us being inefficient. I thought we tried to push the ball down the field especially in the second half. I guess I’m saying we didn’t make as many mistakes as last week.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
60 passes for 231 yards is not effective football. That is the picture perfect definition of dink and dunk. Couple that with ZERO playmakers and this offense is flat out ugly

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The coaching staff disagrees strongly with you.

we played better in the second half on defense. That was partly due to us, partly due to
The fact that we couldn't play any worse, and partly due to the score and Alabama dialing it back. Our defense was an embarrassment to the sport in the first half and our offense was inept just like they are against every defense that brings pressure. We didn't get better from the Kentucky game. That's just a terrible take. We dropped balls, tackled poorly, lost containment, had special teams lapses....no different from every other bed shitting.

oh yeah

Aug 28, 2017
I’m wondering what the game would have looked like if we kicked the first field goal. I think some coaching decisions tonight were interesting. They seemed to keep putting us in a hole.

Reactions: vandaldawg

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
I’m wondering what the game would have looked like if we kicked the first field goal. I think some coaching decisions tonight were interesting. They seemed to keep putting us in a hole.
This. I was saying take the points (even though our shitastic kickers probably would have missed it). Get a smidge of momentum. Let our players get a taste of what it feels like to have a lead on Bama. Instead we attempt the impossible and kick start the feelings of defeat, while handing Bama momentum. Poor coaching.

Reactions: vandaldawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
This. I was saying take the points (even though our shitastic kickers probably would have missed it). Get a smidge of momentum. Let our players get a taste of what it feels like to have a lead on Bama. Instead we attempt the impossible and kick start the feelings of defeat, while handing Bama momentum. Poor coaching.
You’re not going to beat Bama by kicking field goals the rare time you get into scoring position. And, as you say, with our kicking game the FG is a gamble at best. I’ve got no problem with the decision to go for it. The play call & execution though…..

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The coaching staff disagrees strongly with you.

we played better in the second half on defense. That was partly due to us, partly due to
The fact that we couldn't play any worse, and partly due to the score and Alabama dialing it back. Our defense was an embarrassment to the sport in the first half and our offense was inept just like they are against every defense that brings pressure. We didn't get better from the Kentucky game. That's just a terrible take. We dropped balls, tackled poorly, lost containment, had special teams lapses....no different from every other bed shitting.
I don't think we can point fingers at our D on this one just like KY. Emotion plays a big role and in the end Bamer didn't get 300 yds O while we outgained them by 3 yds. We shoulda at least put up 10 points on those 1st two drives and that changes the complexity of the game. Instead, our D looking on from the sidelines is thinking "Oh no, not this shat again". The D deserves credit for not folding considering the bed shatting the O did.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
60 passes for 231 yards is not effective football. That is the picture perfect definition of dink and dunk. Couple that with ZERO playmakers and this offense is flat out ugly

That's with any offense

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
You’re not going to beat Bama by kicking field goals the rare time you get into scoring position. And, as you say, with our kicking game the FG is a gamble at best. I’ve got no problem with the decision to go for it. The play call & execution though…..
So you did or did not watch the game?

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think we can point fingers at our D on this one just like KY. Emotion plays a big role and in the end Bamer didn't get 300 yds O while we outgained them by 3 yds. We shoulda at least put up 10 points on those 1st two drives and that changes the complexity of the game. Instead, our D looking on from the sidelines is thinking "Oh no, not this shat again". The D deserves credit for not folding considering the bed shatting the O did.
Our defense was absolutely the worst trash I've seen from us since the Sirmon error, and it's now been a multi-game trend. Like I said, it got a little better in the second half, but Alabama really scaled back things too.

MississippiTexan

Jun 11, 2014
Not sure you can question that play call or the execution up to the WR dropping the ball. The play was there, the WR was open and Rogers hit him perfectly in the chest for what would have been a first down. A WR doing a crossing pattern like that has to expect the hit and he didn't and dropped the ball. The WR dropping the ball doesn't make it a bad play call.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login