For the BBQ people

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Dixie Dirt

Google it. Thank me later

Here’s something so simple even a f up like me can do it.

Go buy a slab of baby backs. Rub generously front and back with Dixie Dirt. Let sit in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. Fire up the grill. 350 thereabouts for those that have and don’t have a cheater grill. Sear both sides for 3-5 minutes. Double wrap in aluminum foil and cook bone down for 40 minutes to and hour. Obviously, the longer they go the better. Hard to **** this one up.
No sauce needed.

Again, thank me later.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Dixie Dirt

Go buy a slab of baby backs. Rub generously front and back with Dixie Dirt. Let sit in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. Fire up the grill. 350 thereabouts for those that have and don’t have a cheater grill. Sear both sides for 3-5 minutes. Double wrap in aluminum foil and cook bone down for 40 minutes to and hour. Obviously, the longer they go the better. Hard to **** this one up.
No sauce needed.

Again, thank me later.
Here’s a pro insider tip. After searing and before wrapping, give em a squirt of apple cider vinegar.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Here’s a pro insider tip. After searing and before wrapping, give em a squirt of apple cider vinegar.
Dixie Dirt

No sauce needed.

Again, thank me later.
Ok. Did this tonight with two slabs.
Simple. Easy. And they turned out great.
Gentlemen. You need to try this.
Dixie Dirt.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
All those premade spice rubs are basically the same. There is a factory here that makes whatever you want and puts your label on it for you. Thats how they make their living.

Reactions: aTotal360

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
All those premade spice rubs are basically the same. There is a factory here that makes whatever you want and puts your label on it for you. Thats how they make their living.
If the owner was smart, and I won’t say they are as they live in Alabama, they would get Grills of Mississippi in Ridgeland to carry their rub.

who wants to pay for shipping when there are dozens of varieties there. It’s where I buy my “hard to find” stuff.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If the owner was smart, and I won’t say they are as they live in Alabama, they would get Grills of Mississippi in Ridgeland to carry their rub.

who wants to pay for shipping when there are dozens of varieties there. It’s where I buy my “hard to find” stuff.
Agreed. If you don’t have your product out in at least some BBQ stores, I’m probably not buying it.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
There is a place in West Point that will bottle your own blend or will put your label on one of their house blends. I used to make my own butt rub and BBQ sauce but finally decided that it’s just too expensive for what you get. I found a rub that I like, I’m constantly trying others but always end up back with my favorite. As for sauces, I make a mean BBQ sauce but it’s five times as expensive to make as what I can buy. I constantly try different sauces but usually always end up with a cheap commercial sauce that I’ve used forever.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
There is a place in West Point that will bottle your own blend or will put your label on one of their house blends. I used to make my own butt rub and BBQ sauce but finally decided that it’s just too expensive for what you get. I found a rub that I like, I’m constantly trying others but always end up back with my favorite. As for sauces, I make a mean BBQ sauce but it’s five times as expensive to make as what I can buy. I constantly try different sauces but usually always end up with a cheap commercial sauce that I’ve used forever.
This BBQ sauce is about the best store-bought I've had. It's a little pricey (like $6 at krogers) and made in, of all places, Chicago. Every flavor I've tried has been outstanding.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I don’t judge, my go to BBQ sauce is Heinz’s Carolina Mustard. Cheap plastic bottles and all. I spent a couple of weeks driving all over North Carolina , South Carolina, and NE Georgia, I bought about 10 bottles of BBQ sauce, all local to the area I was in. The Heinz is still just as good for a third the price.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Obviously not uncommon, but I'm pretty fond of Rufus Teague rubs. I put that **** on everything.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Buy a bottle of Kraft BBQ sauce when its on sale for 99c which it often is. Add some Aristocrat Bourbon and call it Pappy's Reserve Small Batch Bourbon BBQ sauce. Charge about $19.99 for it. Thank me later........**

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Buy a bottle of Kraft BBQ sauce when its on sale for 99c which it often is. Add some Aristocrat Bourbon and call it Pappy's Reserve Small Batch Bourbon BBQ sauce. Charge about $19.99 for it. Thank me later........**

Glad to know that I'm not the only idiot who thinks Kraft's Original is a fine BBQ sauce.

I've been working on the same 5 bottles I bought at Kroger on sale for 50 cents apiece for 2 years.

Reactions: aTotal360

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Glad to know that I'm not the only idiot who thinks Kraft's Original is a fine BBQ sauce.

I've been working on the same 5 bottles I bought at Kroger on sale for 50 cents apiece for 2 years.
I'm on that train as well. IMO, it's the best "grocery store" bbq sauce you can get. It's so generic and balanced that it doesn't offend anyone. It has a nostalgic taste that most people can relate to.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm on that train as well. IMO, it's the best "grocery store" bbq sauce you can get. It's so generic and balanced that it doesn't offend anyone. It has a nostalgic taste that most people can relate to.

Thanks for saying what I like about it much more eloquently than I could.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Maybe I should put it in a glass jar with a little AC vinegar mixed in and label it Mate Me's Very Special Love Sauce...

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The best BBQ sauce you could ever get your hands on came in a single serve package inside this little bundle of joy...

3mx0vfmc36k91.jpg

Could say the same thing if we were talking about about Sweet and Sour sauce too.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Buy you a bottle of Texas Pete Wing Sauce. Mix it half-half w/ the Kraft BBQ Sauce, really good. The sweetness of the bbq sauce is tamed by the spicy of the wing sauce and they work well together. If you don't like it really spicy cut back on the wing sauce some because at half-half its pretty spicy.

Reactions: She Mate Me
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login