For the hunters here…Bass Pro and Mack’s Prairie Wings partnering

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I’ll try local stores first, and then I generally go with sportsman’s guide or scheels. Occasionally I’ll use BPS/Cabela’s.

You can occasionally get some pretty good deals as a member of sportsman’s guide. They used to have killer ammo deals on 44 mag and 45 colt ammo back before covid.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I used to go pheasant hunting in South Dakota and there was a nice one in Mitchell.
I still go and it’s still there but it’s probably 90% dedicated to just pheasant hunting which I understand. Hands down the best outdoor store I’ve ever been in is the original Bass Pro in Springfield Mo. it puts every other Bass Pro or Cabelas I’ve been in to shame.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I used to work in that field for a long time. Cabelas was the King of outdoor products for the Hunter and the fisherman, especially the higher end products. Mack's Prairie wings was the gold standard for duck and waterfowl hunters. I don't even recognize this world anymore it has changed so much. but it was inevitable because that seems to be the growing trend of the business world. One company that becomes big enough to buy up all its competitors.

I am really sad that the recent generations will not know what it's like to run home and grab your 20 gauge to go out quail hunting, or out for a quick squirrel, deer, or turkey hunt in the woods right after school. I know not everyone lives a very small town like I did but even the small town kids don't get to do that very easily. I had great opportunities when I was younger.

Reactions: msstatelp1

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
While I'm not an expert by any means regarding outdoor hunting/recreation business, there is one thing I do like about Bass Pro is the Pyramid Store at the confluence of Wolf River & the Mississippi in downtown Memphis. A spectacular place to see and visit. IMO, one of the top destination venues to experience.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login