For those in North Mississippi....

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
....I don't want to get too far out in front of Hugh, but charge up your devices, batten down the hatches, and start watching the weather around 4/5 pm today. A particularly violent weather scenario is shaping up.

Reactions: dorndawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
That's fine. I'm running things in my area at work solo today so not a lot of free time to work on weather updates. But yeah, tonight is not looking good at all. I had been hopeful things may not be as bad as last week, but now I am not so sure. The only mitigating factor is the storms still look to grow upscale into a line as we go across the state, but that said, the SPC is now specifically using the terminology of long tracked strong to violent tornadoes being possible over north MS, south TN, and eastern AR.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
That's fine. I'm running things in my area at work solo today so not a lot of free time to work on weather updates. But yeah, tonight is not looking good at all. I had been hopeful things may not be as bad as last week, but now I am not so sure. The only mitigating factor is the storms still look to grow upscale into a line as we go across the state, but that said, the SPC is now specifically using the terminology of long tracked strong to violent tornadoes being possible over north MS, south TN, and eastern AR.
I agree with mitigation, but that's going to be more of a help to northeast MS than northwest MS. I don't usually get too worked up about the weather but I'm actually concerned about this one.

1680271116549.png

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login