For those that want to dream

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
The NWS blend of models forecast snowfall depth Christmas morning.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I'm 68 and have never experienced a white Christmas. Odds are still not good living in Meridian.
We had one in north MS... I believe maybe 2010? It rained late into the night, I was up till 1-2am and temps were mid-30s so I never expected it would change to snow. Woke up Christmas morning and snow everywhere.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
We had one in north MS... I believe maybe 2010? It rained late into the night, I was up till 1-2am and temps were mid-30s so I never expected it would change to snow. Woke up Christmas morning and snow everywhere.
I don't remember what year it was, but I know we were in our current house and we built it back around 2008 so 2010 sounds right. It was still snowing some Christmas morning and I was outside with this big dopey smile on my face just taking it all in. Only one I have ever had and it wasn't official as to be official it has to be an inch of snow on the ground, but I will count it to my dying day, and my may have it on my tombstone to declare it into eternity. Been a long stressful year. It would sooth my soul to get a white Christmas this year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I've had one white Christmas in my life. Visiting my sister's family in AL, they live at the base of Red Mountain. Driving over it, it was snowing really good at the top, but nothing at their house. I had to convince them there was really snow at the top and we all went up and played in the snow.

Nov 29, 2017
Would be awesome. I grew up In Poplarville. I remember it sleeting Christmas 05 right after Katrina and that’s the closest thing to a white Christmas I’ve ever had.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Would be awesome. I grew up In Poplarville. I remember it sleeting Christmas 05 right after Katrina and that’s the closest thing to a white Christmas I’ve ever had.
I lived there a while as a kid. I remember late one winter we woke up to a whole 1/2" or so of snow. Got into a snowball fight in the gym. Pissed a coach off something fierce and we all got a paddling.

Reactions: PearlRiverCoDawg

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Poplarville native here as well. I remember it snowing a few times on the 90’s. One time what felt like a few inches.

I feel like we had some freezing rain up there about 3 years ago that looked like snow if you woke up early enough.

We’ve got a picture of our family church (Byrd’s chapel) with heavy snow on it and I want to say it was ‘05, could be earlier.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
What year was it? The first big snow I remember was in March/April 93 I believe. It was crazy how much snow we got.
This would have been in the 80's. I remember having my 13th birthday there and that was in 87 so somewhere around then. I looked up our old house a little while back on a nostalgia kick. I forgot the name of the street but if memory serves me the hospital is on it now. I remember if you were outside you could hear the play by play announcer at the Pearl River CC stadium.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
We had one a few years back at my wife’s grandparents’ house in north Alabama. Her uncle woke us up saying “It’s a white Christmas” in this singsongy voice. Good memory.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I forget how many years back here in Fort Worth but we got a SCHIT ton one Christmas maybe 5-6 years or so ago and was the 6-7" variety. Don't remember any during my Mississippi or Memphis years. I'm 59 and still get childhood euphoria over snow. I like to drive in it and go jack a$$ around in parking lots doing donuts and schit. I'm jealous of y'all right now. Good Luck, Happy Birthday Jesus and Be Safe.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Inches. Latest GFS run also showing snow, too. Cold air will not be an issue for next week. It's just going to come down to whether or the storm actually forms and, if it does, how strong will it be and it's storm track.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
What year was it? The first big snow I remember was in March/April 93 I believe. It was crazy how much snow we got.
Yes. This was the "storm of the century" and my first year at MSU. I was home in Harrison county for spring break and we got at least 3 inches of snow.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I don't remember what year it was, but I know we were in our current house and we built it back around 2008 so 2010 sounds right. It was still snowing some Christmas morning and I was outside with this big dopey smile on my face just taking it all in. Only one I have ever had and it wasn't official as to be official it has to be an inch of snow on the ground, but I will count it to my dying day, and my may have it on my tombstone to declare it into eternity. Been a long stressful year. It would sooth my soul to get a white Christmas this year.
I went back & found some pictures - this was Christmas morning 2010 in Tupelo.

Attachments

• 2010.JPG
    2010.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 4

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
We had one a few years back at my wife’s grandparents’ house in north Alabama. Her uncle woke us up saying “It’s a white Christmas” in this singsongy voice. Good memory.
That was probably 2010. Had between 2.5" to 7", depending on where you were around the area.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

Yeah, that one actually qualified as a blizzard I believe. We had 7" here, but B'ham had 12-13 and Chattanooga 2 feet. Not sure that anywhere in Mississippi got much of anything from that storm. I know it was light in the Shoals.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login