For those who saw today’s game

SouthernBelly

Sep 16, 2024
I would like to know if the following is correct: OU’s offense is awful and SC’s defense is good (maybe very good). But the Gamecock offense is what it is and it’s not good.
I didn’t see the game, just glancing at the stats and scoring summary this is what I get from that.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
The defense came into this game ranked 20th, which is EXCELLENT. The offense came into this game ranked 92nd, which is POOR.

hillna2

Feb 2, 2022
I would say our offense was just fine. We didn’t really try to push the ball down field and were extremely conservative. It wasn’t perfect, but also we had put the game out of hand in the second quarter.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I would say our offense was just fine. We didn’t really try to push the ball down field and were extremely conservative. It wasn’t perfect, but also we had put the game out of hand in the second quarter.

Eh, I dunno. I don't really buy it. If so, it was stupid.

Have a killer instinct.

I'm sure we would have scored me if we could.

hillna2

Feb 2, 2022

Have a killer instinct.

So add in a dropped wide-open TD pass and the game becomes 42-9. It would’ve been nice to put another TD or 2 on the board, but Beamer wasn’t gonna run it down their throat. The dude coached there and obviously still has relationships there. It did what needed to happen to win.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
So add in a dropped wide-open TD pass and the game becomes 42-9. It would’ve been nice to put another TD or 2 on the board, but Beamer wasn’t gonna run it down their throat. The dude coached there and obviously still has relationships there. It did what needed to happen to win.

That could have been a factor.

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022

Have a killer instinct.

Disagree with killer instinct given the context. OK had shown NO ability to score on us pretty deep into the game. The only thing that would have seemed to be able to get OK back in the game would have been turnovers. We have a turnover prone QB. Had we pushed the ball down the field, thrown a couple interceptions leading to a short field for an inept OK offense to get them back in the game, people on here would have wanted blood. Can’t have it both ways.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login