For what it’s worth, Lunardi’s latest Bracketology is out

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
He has us as the first of the last four byes, a 10 seed in the Midwest playing Ohio State in the first round. I’ll admit I thought we’d be in the 7-8 seed territory but that home loss to Southern is like a millstone around our necks. Thank God we survived to beat Murray State or we’d probably be out completely.

ETA: He has nine SEC teams in. Ole Miss is a 7 seed. The wife beater is doing quite the job in Oxford.

Last edited:

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
10-8 in SEC play and we are in pretty easily. 12-6 and we are a 5 seed.

Last year, we were 8-10 in SEC play.

We are ok, but we definitely need to defend home court well and not slip up against teams that we are better than.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
No team that loses to Southern should be in the tournament. We will need to get 2 wins that we are underdogs in to cancel that loss.
It’s a **** loss. But come on. One loss should exclude us from the tourney? We are currently top 30 in KenPom and top 35 in NET. We haven’t even started games in one of the best leagues in hoops. All we gotta do is survive .500 or better and we are in easily.

Once again, people are panicking because Mississippi is undefeated. A 7 seed projection is a joke. They just cracked the top 90 in NET after their last win.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I would rather avoid Ohio State, but FAU is 2 seed in that regional. We would have a decent size advantage against them. They only have 1 guy on their roster over 6’9, we’d have 3 or 4.

Didn’t slow them down last year, but still..

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I think 7 is about right for Ole Miss. Their schedule has mostly sucked and included lots of close wins, but NC State isn’t awful, and the win over Memphis is legit

Reactions: Ranchdawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
FAU has a home loss to Bryant, which is almost as bad as a home loss to Southern. They do have wins over Texas A&M and Arizona though. We will get our chance to have some real quality wins in conference play and move up the bracket.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
7 is right for a team with a NET in the 50’s? Nah, chief. They have played a Ben Howland schedule where you play 2 decent teams and barely leave the state. They are a paper tiger

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Once again, people are panicking because Mississippi is undefeated. A 7 seed projection is a joke. They just cracked the top 90 in NET after their last win.
EXACTLY! This time last year, we were undefeated in non-conference play (against an easy schedule) and put fans were predicting a 4 - 6 seed with a Sweet 16 run.

Now we have one bad loss and UM is undefeated (against an even worse non-conference record) and everyone is saying we won‘t make the tournament and panicking because they think UMiss will win it all.

Everyone needs to calm down!

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’ll admit I thought we’d be in the 7-8 seed territory but that home loss to Southern is like a millstone around our necks. Thank God we survived to beat Murray State or we’d probably be out completely.
It was mentioned on T&L the day after, and it bears mentioning again. I don't think the average fan understands how historically awful that loss really was. Did it magically end our season or is it going to single handedly keep us out of the tournament? No. However, 2 stupid points from that game are costing 3-4 seeding spots right now and a likely top 20 net ranking. It's going to be a Quad 4 loss all season long, and to put it in perspective, the Top 60 in the net rankings are 276-2 in Quad 4 games. 276 and 2

We should've been able to play walk-ons with blind folds and won that game

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
EXACTLY! This time last year, we were undefeated in non-conference play (against an easy schedule) and put fans were predicting a 4 - 6 seed with a Sweet 16 run.

Now we have one bad loss and UM is undefeated (against an even worse non-conference record) and everyone is saying we won‘t make the tournament and panicking because they think UMiss will win it all.

Everyone needs to calm down!
I haven't even be paying attention to other teams this time of year. UMiss bring undefeated explains a lot of the panic around here.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Looking forward to that 5 seed, baby. We can add a fourth to our nation's best three 5-12 upsets.

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
It was mentioned on T&L the day after, and it bears mentioning again. I don't think the average fan understands how historically awful that loss really was. Did it magically end our season or is it going to single handedly keep us out of the tournament? No. However, 2 stupid points from that game are costing 3-4 seeding spots right now and a likely top 20 net ranking. It's going to be a Quad 4 loss all season long, and to put it in perspective, the Top 60 in the net rankings are 276-2 in Quad 4 games. 276 and 2

We should've been able to play walk-ons with blind folds and won that game
Yeah but just move past it at this point. We are still a really good team

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login