For what its worth, I just spoke to a very low ranking athletic department employee.

rjsiwelhj

Feb 29, 2008
For what its worth, I just spoke to a very low ranking athletic department employee.

He said last year Polk tried to broker a resignation deal that would have placed Raffo as head coach. He also said LT nixed the deal. I find the LT part hard to believe but he has been spot on with all his information previously. Also, he said while Raffo is one of the names prominently mentioned, it is far from done.

Nov 11, 2007

You gave some credible caveats, your info came from a "bottom feeder" in the department, yet, those are typically the ones who hear stuff that wasn't intended to be heard.

RCD

rjsiwelhj

Feb 29, 2008

questions and hears everything.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008

Polk seems to have an agenda here, and I don't like it. I mean, his main points for Raffo:

A. He won't end the baseball camp.
B. He won't end the booster club.
C. He won't end the Diamond Girls. (WTF? That's the best you could come up with Polk?)
D. He is a good recruiter. (LOL.)
E. He is energetic. (Compared to a plant.)

Honestly, I'm not sure that Raffo would last all that long. He just doesn't seem like he really wants the job all that much, as a casual observer anyway. I'm not sure that he can handle the job. Unfortunately, he may get the chance to prove me right. I could see him having a nervous breakdown at some point in about two years. I don't even really think he's a bad coach, but I just think he's happy being a hitting coach, and that's about as far as he wants to go.

I think Polk knows that if he leaves and we bring in someone, Raffo, McNickle, Hedges, and apparently in his mind the Diamond Girls, will be gone. I think he's trying to protect them. I'm not even really convinced that Polk thinks Raffo is the answer in all honesty.

Nov 11, 2007

They know every <17> thing that's going on in the company.

I learned that long ago, when I was a Personnel Manager.

Knowledge is power. Every member of the team has value.

Also, read every fax that comes in, and printouts before the printer picks them up.</p>

Ignorance may be bliss, but who really wants to be a clueless dumbass?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, in case certain other posters take umbrage.

And yes, in response to another thread, apparently MSU has a club ice hockey team.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login