Forgive this foray into religion....

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
but I am tired of people using God as their excuse for doing what they want to do. I'm supposed to believe that Garrett prayed about his decision, and God told him to break his word and put his family into an awkward position, because that was what was best for him. Really? That's your story? You're going to stick to that?

Seriously, I don't care who signs to play with us. I don't give a crap what the name on the back of the jersey. If we swapped teams with Ole Miss tomorrow, I would hate Wesley Carroll and love Jevan Snead. But be a man already. Just say what the whole world knows, LSU is a better program with better players, better facilities, better fan support, and better tradition, and that's why you want to play football there. I'd have zero problem believing that. I have a little trouble with your other story, though. You'd think God would be for the stick to your commitment idea.

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
but I am tired of people using God as their excuse for doing what they want to do. I'm supposed to believe that Garrett prayed about his decision, and God told him to break his word and put his family into an awkward position, because that was what was best for him. Really? That's your story? You're going to stick to that?

Seriously, I don't care who signs to play with us. I don't give a crap what the name on the back of the jersey. If we swapped teams with Ole Miss tomorrow, I would hate Wesley Carroll and love Jevan Snead. But be a man already. Just say what the whole world knows, LSU is a better program with better players, better facilities, better fan support, and better tradition, and that's why you want to play football there. I'd have zero problem believing that. I have a little trouble with your other story, though. You'd think God would be for the stick to your commitment idea.

H

Homer J Simpon IV

Whenever God gets involved with a player we recruit, we lose. Alonzo Horton woke up on signing day 2005 with an eagle feather under his pillow, and took it as a sign from God that he was meant to go to Auburn. There have been others as well.

I swear, "God" directs more players to Auburn than anywhere else.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
Couldn't even roll out the good Wednesday night service for a legacy. For shame, Baptists. For shame.</p>

Aug 20, 2006
craps who Garrett plays football for. Total cop out right in the heart of the bible belt.

/Screw that bastard

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I definately agree with the part about being a man, because it's about honesty, and honestly LSU has the better program.

As a Christian, I don't know what he was specifically praying for, and that's between him and God anyway, but if it was for his family, I could understand. His Dad is now likely going to have to step down as the BC Chapter President, which was probably something that he really enjoyed doing, and now that's over. I would venture to guess that there are a lot more MSU fans at Tupelo High than LSU fans and they may say or do some hurtful things to him. That would be hard for anyone to deal with, I don't care how thick skinned you are. And it may be that his parents really do want him to be a Bulldog, and he's letting them down. No one wants to let their parents down.

Now also as a Christian let me say this, God doesn't care where we go to college because he can use us wherever we go. And he certainly doesn't care about anyone's playing time, whether they're the QB, the back up holder, our NFL draft stock,or whatever other reason someone might choose one school over the other.

And who knows? This might turn out to be a blessing, because we might now be able to land a QB who turns out to be better than Garrett. Notice I'm not saying as highly rated, but maybe better for us in the long run. We don't know what's going to happen in six years. Like I said, Garrett could turn out to be Tom Brady, or he could turn out to be Ty Evans II.

Look at Blake Barnes. After his career at UGA, does anyone seriously think that he would be our QB right now? I don't. He would have been able to beat out Cox and Stafford, who both weren't that good as freshmen. I think they also started a walk-on over him at one point. He could also end up like Steve McNair, a guy we missed out on who was a Heisman nominee.

I guess my point is God might be looking out for us to. I bet Garrett didn't consider that!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
one can only ponder the ego of a young man, wondering how big time he might be at a big time program. we just saw a qb at lsu sit on his *** for all but his final year. no, the ego of a young teenager believes he will be the one qb that plays as a freshman/sophomore/junior at LSU and leads the team to another national title. because he is special. this coming from a program that lately has played QB's closer to their 30's than their 20's. yes they will play the young kid at qb. totally. absolutely. the next eli in the making. abandon everything, go with your ego and trust the LSU coaches that are recruiting you. makes total sense.

not saying MSU is the end all of be alls for QBs. But damn... "God" told you to go to LSU? God just spoke to me and told me to tell you that was your hormones talking young man.

What would be great would be if MSU by the grace of God defeats the Bayou Bengals every year you are there, just like MSU did to another "great" QB named Shane Matthews when he went to a great program at Florida.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
this mean God hates State? That makes sense.

ArrowDawg

Oct 10, 2006
.....God, but I don't believe God cares about sports. We joke around at times about "divine intervention" and all that when something amazing happens, but I think God has better things to do than to step in and help MSU win a game or help a young kid decide where he wants to go play.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
it makes me wonder if there is a god. christ that dude is effed up.

i can see garrett now sitting at the house laughing about playing the jesus card on crooms. the jesus card trumps all excuse cards out there especially when you are talking to a man of great character who turns boys into men, does things the right way, blah blah blah. crooms took it well alright....right in his big ***.

i've had enough of this garrett crap for one day. you can tell that our basketball team is done and that our baseball team blows. we have nothing left to ***** about except for some 17-year old out of tupelo who just made a deal with DS's devil side of the family.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Miles eventually has a 5-star quarterback knocking on his door and he tells Garrett that he prayed about it, and God told him to yank his scholarship offer because it was the Lord was clear that this other guy was "supposed" to be at LSU.

BFB

The Big Slick

Aug 29, 2006
He has it out for us because of that Pagan Sixpack Speak Message Board, a board controlled by the Roman Catholic Church.

That my friends, is why God has it out for State.

If someone would just elimiate that message board, and baptize (by immersion only) its members, none of this would happen...

cowbell9

Nov 15, 2005
enough already! the next person I see who is named Chris is getting ***** slapped. Scotty too. God you dipshits are irritating.

Frances Drebin

Nov 16, 2005
...but it begs the question...I wonder what would happen if I told Chris Garrett that God told me State was the right place for him? Surely God wouldn't tell two guys two different things? My divine experience wouldn't be any less believable than his.

Jackdragbean

May 23, 2006
"God made man. Man made transformers. Therefore, transformers are a gift from God Randall!"

The same chart applies to Garrett. God made corndogs. Corndogs made LSU. So LSU is a gift from God!

js290

Mar 3, 2008
Using thy Lord's name in vain... that's what athletes and religious nutjobs do... "God said so..."

shaschboy

Sep 19, 2007
start coming down hard on these kids that leave, it will continue. At least when Sherrill and Tubby were there, they made it their goal to keep them in state. Here in Alabama, I remember a running back from Homewood(B-ham) who left here and went to LSU. He was back after one year and had to sign with UAB. He never panned out and he was totally hated by Ala. and Aubies. We need that mentality in Miss. I heard that this kids dad is the MSU BC Tupelo chapter pres. If true, that dude needs to be run off. If this guy is out there raising funds for us, looks like he's doing a "great" job. All Tupelo MSU Alum's need to turn up the heat. If he should change his mind, too late. Let him go. We don't need a guy that is that stupid. We allready have enough of those.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
God's still punishing us for the "Go to hell bin Laden!" fiasco during the 9/11 moment of silence.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login