Former players speaking out on this team...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Seriously…..what changed in the “culture” in just one year?

Yeah, sorry Forbes, I’m still going with shltty coaching and decision-making from the head guy and his entourage.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I could certainly be wrong but I don't think Leach had soft players. I think coaching is poor and maybe they aren't pushing conditioning and discipline nearly enough. I was asking about Leach Beach earlier this year. I think that's gone and I bet that is part of these constant ankle injuries we see limping off the field. Idk. Forbes and Thompson were here during Leach

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I could certainly be wrong but I don't think Leach had soft players. I think coaching is poor and maybe they aren't pushing conditioning and discipline nearly enough. I was asking about Leach Beach earlier this year. I think that's gone and I bet that is part of these constant ankle injuries we see limping off the field. Idk. Forbes and Thompson were here during Leach
Yeah, I think these clowns destroyed a lot of the Leach culture.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It all starts at the top. Just see how much more effort Auburn played with last year after they fired Harsin

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I used to wonder why our State guys refrained from saying "Miss St" during MNF intros. After this year, who could blame them?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Seriously…..what changed in the “culture” in just one year?

Yeah, sorry Forbes, I’m still going with shltty coaching and decision-making from the head guy and his entourage.
Really? We have 3 respected former players all saying the same thing. They all know what it takes to win in this conference. And it’s nothing we can’t all see with our own eyes. We have major coaching issues, but we have major roster issues too. This is going to have to be a complete rebuild from scratch.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I think what Goat is saying is this is a new problem. I'm not too sure we were soft last year but I think these players have not been pushed as hard this year. Some of our guys are still playing hard and many are regressing. I dont think its a Leach issue

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Leach was mostly known as a quirky guy with a non conventional offense, but the guy also demanded his players be tough and disciplined. He set a culture, which allowed us to win games even when the offense wasn’t clicking on all cylinders because of the other intangibles we had. In less than a season, Arnett and company have destroyed that culture. We are soft and undisciplined. Leach is probably rolling in his grave seeing what we have become. It’s embarrassing and it’s the number one reason Arnett needs to go now.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Really? We have 3 respected former players all saying the same thing. They all know what it takes to win in this conference. And it’s nothing we can’t all see with our own eyes. We have major coaching issues, but we have major roster issues too. This is going to have to be a complete rebuild from scratch.
Roster isn’t 4-6 bad. And certainly not bad enough to lose to USM.

They were all blaming the players and not the coaches. Errol said as much. That tells me he doesn’t know what’s going on. And of course Forbes is loyal to Arnett.

Their opinions are wrong.

• Haha

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Major roster issues. If you listened to Out of Left Field, they hinted at a reason why. In a nutshell, Leach relied too much on Dave Emerick and his folks.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Roster isn’t 4-6 bad. And certainly not bad enough to lose to USM.

They were all blaming the players and not the coaches. Errol said as much. That tells me he doesn’t know what’s going on. And of course Forbes is loyal to Arnett.

Their opinions are wrong.
I think they are blaming the coaches for turning the players soft…. I’m not sure the guys are soft but they definitely don’t play as hard and don’t seem to be in as good of shape. I’m guessing arnett had a dog **** strength and conditioning program.

It’s a good observation in my opinion. I’ve thought all year the guys didn’t look in as good of shape as last year.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I keep hearing this line that it's just bad players and I ain't buying that lame a$$ excuse. More than half of these players started last year on a team that won 9 games. Several others played as backups. They were good enough then and they are good enough now. They are poorly coached and poorly motivated and poorly conditioned. Yes we lost Forbes and Wheat but all the rest have been adequately replaced and with another year of experience should be even better

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
this will be interesting to observe---your new coach will assemble his staff (maybe keep Bump and 1 other...your best recruiter?) identifying that part of your roster who need to go will take a while. expect the attrition will start early from tape but is likely to go well past spring practice and into the summer as you guys are about to experience a major turnover. building a compettitive SEC roster is so much harder with NIL. also, kiffin/golding focusing upon in state recruiting will slow you down a bit. keep hearing that your NIL funding is "not an issue"--we are about to find out.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Forbes is ripping the current staff, he’s not saying his team was soft , he’s saying the culture changed from last year to this year. And it sure has. leach was an old school hardass. I don’t blame these players, they got shortchanged by garbage coaching.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
this will be interesting to observe---your new coach will assemble his staff (maybe keep Bump and 1 other...your best recruiter?) identifying that part of your roster who need to go will take a while. expect the attrition will start early from tape but is likely to go well past spring practice and into the summer as you guys are about to experience a major turnover. building a compettitive SEC roster is so much harder with NIL. also, kiffin/golding focusing upon in state recruiting will slow you down a bit. keep hearing that your NIL funding is "not an issue"--we are about to find out.
The worst part of that is this team is loaded with 6th year guys and seniors. Next year is gonna be rough regardless of coaching. Definitely gonna have to hit the portal hard and find the right guys. Contributors

Reactions: blitz2Win

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think they are blaming the coaches for turning the players soft…. I’m not sure the guys are soft but they definitely don’t play as hard and don’t seem to be in as good of shape. I’m guessing arnett had a dog **** strength and conditioning program.

It’s a good observation in my opinion. I’ve thought all year the guys didn’t look in as good of shape as last year.
I agree with that. But I consider that part of Arnett’s coaching. I just don’t like blaming the players in any way shape or form. Sometimes you can - but not this year on this team.

Errol even said something like coaching can’t help that or whatever, and that’s BS

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
I keep hearing this line that it's just bad players and I ain't buying that lame a$$ excuse. More than half of these players started last year on a team that won 9 games. Several others played as backups. They were good enough then and they are good enough now. They are poorly coached and poorly motivated and poorly conditioned. Yes we lost Forbes and Wheat but all the rest have been adequately replaced and with another year of experience should be even better
Lame *** excuse? Are you watching the same games that the rest of us are?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If he let Dave Emerick call the recruiting shots, he put up with a lot of BS.
Shut up. Anybody who believes Leach didn’t have a big hand in recrootin is a grade A moron (like yourself).

And so what if he employed some analytical metrics for finding a players? That’s a good thing. You mouth breathers are scared of trying anything different than the same ole shlt

Peaches and ED is that way ———->

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Lame *** excuse? Are you watching the same games that the rest of us are?
Yes I am. There is no excuse for this pathetic staff of coaches. It ain't Leachs fault. It ain't the players fault. It ain't Dave 17n Emericks fault. How long has he been gone now ? That's like Joe blaming the border issues on Trump. This team of mostly the same guys won 9 last year and with a year more under their belt they suck. I didn't hear you calling them soft last year. Or no talent last year. You might have said if we could get rid of the AR and get a running QB we could win more. How did that work out for ya ??

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
We have experienced assistant coaches with experience coaching at state. That is what is most disappointing to me. This is lazy coaching along with our returning players being very poor at leading this team and keeping everyone focused on getting better and playing hard. Arnett was not ready to be HC, but others should have stepped up.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Yes I am. There is no excuse for this pathetic staff of coaches. It ain't Leachs fault. It ain't the players fault. It ain't Dave 17n Emericks fault. How long has he been gone now ? That's like Joe blaming the border issues on Trump. This team of mostly the same guys won 9 last year and with a year more under their belt they suck. I didn't hear you calling them soft last year. Or no talent last year. You might have said if we could get rid of the AR and get a running QB we could win more. How did that work out for ya ??
Confused Puzzle GIF

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The roster issues are due to this staff and coaching

Reactions: josebrown

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Just because people say things doesn't mean they are true. Emerick was only here 2 years. He was with Leach at TT and WSU. The players were good enough for Leach to win 9 games with. Could they be better ? Duh. We ain't recruiting top 10 classes. I guess the point is they were good enough for Leach to win with but not good enough for these clowns to win with. Maybe they shoulda done better in the portal this spring. No excuses

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login