Forsythe is a + + infielder

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Adam Frazier? Was he that solid here before he made it up?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Brad Hildreth couldn’t get to anything outside of a 10 foot radius of his position, but he never missed what he could get to.

MSUDawg25

Jan 21, 2010
He’s such a good glove. If he could even get back to the .230 he hit last year, it’d be perfectly fine.

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
If he got back to .230, he would have to go on a major hot streak. Need him to settle around .200 and we golden.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
If he can save you 1-2 runs a game with his defense then that makes up for a lack of hitting.
Not at .138. I mean Skinner is probably the best outfielder we have too, but you can't put him out there while hitting below .200. Hatcher was a good glove too, but got benched. Remember Brant Blaylock? Benched. Matthew Britton had a great glove. Benched.

You have to get above .200 and at least be competitive and put balls in play. ESPECIALLY with this year's team. We could get away with it last year.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
If he can save you 1-2 runs a game with his defense then that makes up for a lack of hitting.

I don't know about that. There may be instances where he does save us a few runs - an error tends to have a snowball effect. Even if we say there are 10 games a year where his defense absolutely makes a difference, his lack of hitting means he is nearly a guaranteed out for an entire 3 game series if the pitcher can throw strikes. He contributes nothing offensively for almost every game. Last year he even struggled to bunt and he strikes out more than anyone on the team. We're basically giving up about 10% of our outs by starting him.

I love watching him make plays in the field, and he seems like a great kid. But that's a huge hole in our offense if he can't hit at least in the low .200s

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Is the Mendoza Line no longer a thing??

For those who aren't familiar, Mario Mendoza was a great defensive infielder in the 70s and early 80s. He seemed to always be right around the .200 mark and teamates said it was the line where a great defender needed to be at or above to justify his spot in the lineup.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Is the Mendoza Line no longer a thing??

For those who aren't familiar, Mario Mendoza was a great defensive infielder in the 70s and early 80s. He seemed to always be right around the .200 mark and teamates said it was the line where a great defender needed to be at or above to justify his spot in the lineup.

At the risk of dating myself, I do remember and use that line often. Today's game is more about shifts and ExitVelo. Who cares about BA?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login