Four Aggie Freshmen indefinitely suspended from team

patdog

May 28, 2007
Second suspension already for two of these guys. Looks like Jimbo has recruited a lot of problems along with those stars.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Unconfirmed rumors from unreliable sources saying they were smoking weed in the locker room.

Call it conspiracy theory if you will, but when there’s a $95m buy out in play, I really have to wonder what type of shenanigans would need to occur in order for A&M to be able to fire him with cause. Something tells me that a lot of things that would fall in the “lack of control” category are going to be miraculously popping up in the coming weeks

Reactions: WilCoDawg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Quick! Someone message those kids and tell them we have medical marijuana in Mississippi!

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Call it conspiracy theory if you will, but when there’s a $95m buy out in play, I really have to wonder what type of shenanigans would need to occur in order for A&M to be able to fire him with cause. Something tells me that a lot of things that would fall in the “lack of control” category are going to be miraculously popping up in the coming weeks
There's probably alumnus shipping in prostitutes and drugs to the players, and Jimbo and staff, and following them with a PI with a camera just waiting. You could burn a lot of cash on the setup and still not spend $90M+! semi-sarcasterisks

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Jimbo’s lawyers have likely told him to rule with an iron fist. Hand out suspensions and follow through with dismissal if necessary. And yes they probably told him to keep his nose clean and avoid any activity that might be considered disreputable. As long as Jimbo is merely a lousy coach (and he surely is that), he gets paid.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Dealer spotted
LMAO. Jimbo or his son? I was about to post something similar to this. I freaked out when I read here way back when that weed could be smelled at our hotel at one of our "bowl" games. But in the damn locker room? Damn. Ain't go no problem with weed, but DAMN use some common sense. I'm betting on the 4 who are accused will testify to getting the stuff from Jimbo. $90M can be split amongst a lot of folks.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
LMAO. Jimbo or his son? I was about to post something similar to this. I freaked out when I read here way back when that weed could be smelled at our hotel at one of our "bowl" games. But in the damn locker room? Damn. Ain't go no problem with weed, but DAMN use some common sense. I'm betting on the 4 who are accused will testify to getting the stuff from Jimbo. $90M can be split amongst a lot of folks.
Well hell, it could have been any of the 20 or so players we took to that game.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I feel like this should be a "Four Freshman Aggies Suspended Indefinitely. Why were they suspended? Wrong answers only." thread.

I’ll start:
Dropped the jar before taking a drink. Classic freshman mistake.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Exactly. This happens everywhere. But at least show your coach the respect to go out behind the locker room instead of doing it right in front of everyone.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
A&M is desperately looking for that "For Cause" qualification to get out of that contract. Jimbo might find a dead hooker in his car as bad as they want him gone.
Everyone knew this would be FSU 2.0. Jimbo is a scumbag.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Jimbo's buyout by year as negotiated in the September 2021 extension:

2022: $85,950,000
2023: $76,800,000
2024: $67,550,000
2025: $58,200,000
2026: $48,750,000
2027: $39,200,000
2028: $29,550,000
2029: $19,800,000
2030: $9,950,000

Where Bjork really screwed up was by paying him in dollars instead of bitcoin. They could cut those numbers by 65% had they been smart enough to use real money instead of that silly fiat.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Someone is setting Jimbo up to be fired for cause!
That was my thought. He is going to pull the trigger quickly to cover his a$$ to make sure Bjork can’t get out of the guaranteed money.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Even with cause, wouldn't he still be in line for his contract? Isn't it all guaranteed?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
All four of them will be rehabilitated. The Helping People Business in Oxford.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Coming out now that supposedly they were smoking in the locker room before kickoff against USCe.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
I wanna know the details. Was it after hours and they thought it was the safest place to be? Had they just worked out and were sore? Or were they being dumbasses? Consider this….no one would have really had a problem if they were in there drinking beer for fun or taking prescribed oxy for pain.

It was probably one of those dumb things most all of us had done at least once. “I _____’ed at ________.” Insert your activity and special/famous place that you took a risk doing.

I would argue that smoking bud in the locker room was safer than drinking at a party. Suspended indefinitely? I’m a libertarian leaning conservative and I’m sick of marijuana being treated like Pablo Escobar is setting up shop in town.
On another related note, it took 3 weeks for my application to go through. All cards are deactivated until the first dispensary opens (November 1st possible). If you’re in Jackson area, Pause the Pain over by Veterans on Woodrow Wilson. While I had all my medical records and there was no doubt I qualified, you don’t have to be on opioids to be approved for chronic pain/opioid replacement. I think there is about to be a huge influx of patients with people thinking they’ll get the doc visit and card done in a day or two. My card number is in the low 3 digits and it matches with what the DOH said recently about patient numbers.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login