Fox News. So bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Looks like an op-ed was written. Never heard of the guy that wrote it, but based on just this article, I don't plan to seek out his commentary moving forward.

Sure- some people probably post some of the classic black person gifs because they want an implication to go with it. No different than what some post other gifs of groups like handicapped, or Asian, or whatever else.
I think most people do it because it's just plain funny regardless of the skin color of the person saying it.

Article = interesting to read, but ultimately disagree and doubt this initiative(end digital black face) goes far and changes anything.

I don't understand and why fox was mentioned.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Looks like an op-ed was written. Never heard of the guy that wrote it, but based on just this article, I don't plan to seek out his commentary moving forward.

Sure- some people probably post some of the classic black person gifs because they want an implication to go with it. No different than what some post other gifs of groups like handicapped, or Asian, or whatever else.
I think most people do it because it's just plain funny regardless of the skin color of the person saying it.

Article = interesting to read, but ultimately disagree and doubt this initiative(end digital black face) goes far and changes anything.

It was written by a former assistant coach: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Blake_(American_football)

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Fox News comments bad
CNN trusted and reliable

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

Seek it out and see if its written in black font.

How can do I change my font color**

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Are we racist for reading this article about digital blackface? Or are we just dumber, but not as dumb as the writer or CNN for publishing this? Another in a long line of "if you're white and you did something or other, you might be racist." But wait there's more from a source that all intelligent people should respect, a writer for Teen Vogue: " Digital blackface involves White people play-acting at being Black, says Lauren Michele Jackson, an author and cultural critic, in an essay for Teen Vogue. Jackson says the Internet thrives on White people laughing at exaggerated displays of Blackness, reflecting a tendency among some to see “Black people as walking hyperbole.” Now do Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login