Foxhall

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Is it just the worst bullpen we have ever had? I'm trying to remember another season trying to hold the lead was this hard.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Can we start a fire foxhall fund? I’ll donate if he’s fired before the team gets back to Starkville.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
How does he continue to stay employed with msu. No lead is safe with his staff
beating a dead horse wtf GIF

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
beating a dead horse wtf GIF
Just saved this meme/icon thx, it’s very useful!
What do you make of this Bball program?
We were all ready to fire Mullen 12/2013 and then he pulled out the 2014 season.
Is there hope for the staff that got us a Natty or no?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
How many college baseball coaches, especially assistants, get fired mid season? Obviously assuming there is no scandal or misconduct. I just don’t think it happens often and honestly there is not a deep enough staff to fire your pitching coach. Firing him now won’t make the pitching staff better. I’m sure he will be replaced in the off season.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
He could have easily have been fired over a month ago.

Foxhall is the biggest problem with this program, for sure. But with guys like Larry starting for us, or even being here at all, the problem starts well above Foxhall.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We were all ready to fire Mullen 12/2013 and then he pulled out the 2014 season.
We haven't shown any semblance of consistency this year. The only thing you can count on is giving up more runs than the team can score, every game, and they actually can score pretty well.

This pitching staff is great at walking and giving up multiple base hits. Our fielding is simply atrocious. We are grossly unorganized and when we have this many players making so many errors it is s a direct reflection of the abilities of our coaching staff and head coach

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
How many college baseball coaches, especially assistants, get fired mid season? Obviously assuming there is no scandal or misconduct. I just don’t think it happens often and honestly there is not a deep enough staff to fire your pitching coach. Firing him now won’t make the pitching staff better. I’m sure he will be replaced in the off season.
Ball State fired their pitching coach yesterday. Bucket *** just watches the worst pitching coach in the country keep sending out Hardin and tearing up arms.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yes. Either they are ruining these pitchers with bad coaching or they are terrible talent evaluators. It has to be one or the other and neither of those things will help you win. The pitchers they went and got were supposedly good pitchers that other teams were after so my guess is poor coaching

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
In a word: "No"

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
We have become the SEC version of Indiana baseball. Should we really expect more?*

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Just move him to assistant hitting coach. He obviously knows how to rock pitchers.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I agree with this. If firing him now will not improve this team then it probably isn't the right thing to do. If the motivation is to intensify the humiliation I am sure he already feels then it is absolutely the wrong thing to do. We will part ways easy enough at the end of the season. The only question is will he be the only one or does the head man get the bum's rush too. Foxhall is a bit of a tragic figure in all this. He was the toast of the town and had a chance to write his own ticket after the NC season but chose to stay. I am sure he has since deeply regretted that decision very much. And so have we.

Reactions: patdog

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I agree with this. If firing him now will not improve this team then it probably isn't the right thing to do. If the motivation is to intensify the humiliation I am sure he already feels then it is absolutely the wrong thing to do. We will part ways easy enough at the end of the season. The only question is will he be the only one or does the head man get the bum's rush too. Foxhall is a bit of a tragic figure in all this. He was the toast of the town and had a chance to write his own ticket after the NC season but chose to stay. I am sure he has since deeply regretted that decision very much. And so have we.
Embarrassing him further is the only thing firing him now would accomplish… I can understand the desire to just get rid of him now. Our SEC only stats are pretty staggering. 9.82 ERA, .309 batting average against, whip is over 2.

Reactions: patdog

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
It has gone well beyond this! He's been beaten to death and walked dry. Now people are just watering the ground and planting sod.
You ever heard of a Sail Rabbit? A Sail Rabbit is a dead rabbit on the road that has been there so long and ran over so much that it’s just a dried out flat disc. You can pick it up and sail it like a Frisbee. We are approaching Sail Rabbit.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Isn't Butch Thompson the guy a lot of you want to replace Lemonis? If so, you should search the archives for Thompson's name and see how many people wanted to run that guy out of town every single season he was here as an assistant.

That's not a comment on Foxhall, by the way. For all I know, he does need to be shown the door. Just on the fact that this fanbase is fickle AF.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Isn't Butch Thompson the guy a lot of you want to replace Lemonis? If so, you should search the archives for Thompson's name and see how many people wanted to run that guy out of town every single season he was here as an assistant.

That's not a comment on Foxhall, by the way. For all I know, he does need to be shown the door. Just on the fact that this fanbase is fickle AF.
Have you seen this team play? And it's been happening for going on two years now. Fickle?

patdog

May 28, 2007

Butch Thompson would be a pretty meh hire. Throw out his first 8-22 season, and he's still 10 games under .500 in the SEC.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login