Free throws for flopping?

Sep 12, 2013
I’m just now seeing this, first flop receives a warning, 2nd is a Technical foul and a FT. When did this get implemented? I think it’s awesome.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The two flopping calls in this NMSt game are horseshit. He got hammered shooting the three in the corner and they called a flop on him and then the one he just got he took a shoulder to the chest. It’s not like he got love tapped.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I’m just now seeing this, first flop receives a warning, 2nd is a Technical foul and a FT. When did this get implemented? I think it’s awesome.

They should do it in the NBA and call it the Lebron James rule.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
In the NBA, the penalty for "flopping" is a technical foul if caught in-game, and a fine if caught after the game in video reviews. The technical foul is a non-unsportsmanlike conduct technical foul (one of six fouls a player may be assessed before

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
In the NBA, the penalty for "flopping" is a technical foul if caught in-game, and a fine if caught after the game in video reviews. The technical foul is a non-unsportsmanlike conduct technical foul (one of six fouls a player may be assessed before

Well how about that. I never knew this because I've never seen it called.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
They fined Tony Allen for flipping once. LeBron flops most games and was warned to stop flopping last year.

I remember the Tony Allen flop. He was one of the first guys to get fined under that rule.

Lebron does it all the time. He had one last year against the Grizzlies that was embarrassingly bad.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I’ve seen it called maybe twice. It really should be called the Lebron rule.

It was called a lot more the first year it was implemented. I think it was one of the rules refs were told to focus on.
It really should have been called the Ginobili rule- it sure seemed like they added the rule the summer after he flopped in what seemed like every game he managed to play in.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login