From a Bama board, a look at what opponents think of Arnett ….

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
“I feel bad for that team this year. They’ve got some good players and A LOT of seniors.

I understand it was a difficult situation with Leach’s passing, but Arnett is clearly in over his head. He looks and acts like a HS coach on the sidelines. They’ll be in the HC market this offseason.

Anyway, just think it’s unfortunate for those guys that stayed. Hope they can stay competitive the rest of the season.”

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
The fact that over the last three games, our opponents have averaged 40 points against us despite our head coach being a former DC tells you all you need to know about how ready he was to take the reins of the program. ZA and this staff needs to be prepping to move on after this season.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
And opposing QBs are torching that D at somewhere north of 80% completion rate. Unacceptable. I hate but this is pure trash. I feel sorry for the seniors too.

Reactions: blitz2Win

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Watching his press conferences is a joke too. I don't know how many times I have heard " well we gotta limit our opponents scoring and increase ours. Scoring more is the whole point of this thing. Right ?" Like no sh*t Sherlock. No explain to us why the 17 this defense sucks without saying you have 2 redshirt freshmen injured.

Reactions: blitz2Win

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
But take heart!! This can all be fixed! We simply just change our quarterback and all else is well.
I think most of us are more interested in just getting to six wins instead of fixing it "all" and Will just doesn't look like the man to get us there in this offense. We would just like to give the other guy a legitimate shot and if he fails so be it, put Will back in. I personally don't get the paranoia of letting Wright play and I'm getting a feeling the team would like to give him a shot also.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
But take heart!! This can all be fixed! We simply just change our quarterback and all else is well.
Exactly why I don’t really care if we let Wright play or not. Will is part of the problem but he’s only a result of being asked to do something he can’t do, and the coaches are not good enough or too stubborn to notice/care. Hopefully the Arnett experiment is over after this season.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I think most of us are more interested in just getting to six wins instead of fixing it "all" and Will just doesn't look like the man to get us there in this offense. We would just like to give the other guy a legitimate shot and if he fails so be it, put Will back in. I personally don't get the paranoia of letting Wright play and I'm getting a feeling the team would like to give him a shot also.
Well, if we could get to 6 wins it would mean we upset 2 SEC teams. It would be way better than what I think I'm going to see. At least it would keep some potential recruits interested in our program. We go 5-7 or worse and miss a bowl, then recruiting will be abysmal no matter who coaches us the next 2-3 years.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I got the sense during the game that the Bama staff and players felt the same way. They came out so unfocused that you could see Saban was clearly doing everything he could to snap them out of it. But they knew that they could sleepwalk and still kick our butts. Even in the 4th quarter they were lounging on the sidelines like a mid-November FCS blowout game while the backups were going through the motions and Saban was so pissed he made the starters go back in to stop us.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Will is not going to get drafted so that means one of two things. He either transfer to a air raid offenses school or he comes back.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login