From Buster Olney's blog.....

Nov 16, 2005
29,263
24,343
113
• First we had the Homer Hanky.</p>

Then we had the Braves' Tomahawk Chop.</p>

That was followed a decade later by the Rally Monkey and Thundersticks.</p>

And now we have … More Cowbell in Tampa Bay, an idea that was first inspired by the "Saturday Night Live" skit. The air inside Tropicana Field was filled with cowbells during the series against the Red Sox, and if the Rays continue to play well and make the playoffs, you can look forward to October days of listening to the sound of 40,000 cowbells.</p>
 

RebelBruiser

Redshirt
Aug 21, 2007
7,349
0
0
I still don't see why you guys haven't utilized the "More Cowbell" skit more. Maybe you have and I just haven't seen it. I know your band plays the song and has some nerds dancing with cowbells, but I'd definitely say it's worth it to get an audio or video clip from SNL and play it at different times. If you've been using it more than just with the band, let me know, because I've always wondered why I haven't heard of it being used more by MSU.
 

MissStFan87

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
1,367
0
0
Outside of the band and the two guys with cowbells that you mentioned.

I liked the idea someone else posted about trying to get Will Ferrell to record a skit for us. But I don't know how doable that is.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?