Fun fact. Last night we scored 17 points against Bama and ran for 154 yards.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
The great Dan Mullen scored 17 points or more against Bama twice. In 2014, we scored 20 points. In 2017 we scored 24 points.

The great Mullen only had over 154 rushing yards once in his entire career against Bama. 2017.

In the past 23 years, we have only scored more than 17 points against Bama 4 times total.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
This is not a typical Bama team. They are weak this year for Bama standards. It feels good to think we are playing better but it's simply not true. Most of the SEC is much weaker this year. This should have been our year.
I do believe if Leach were with us, this would have potential to be a big season. But this defense is so bad, I feel like we’d be in a shootout every week.

But no doubt this would have been Leach’s best team right when the SEC is down.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Last night not nearly as bad as Fitz at LSU in 2018. That was a modern era low. Held Burrow and LSU to only 1 TD and Fitz threw 4 picks. 19 to 3

Last edited:

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
This is not a typical Bama team. They are weak this year for Bama standards. It feels good to think we are playing better but it's simply not true. Most of the SEC is much weaker this year. This should have been our year.
It’s not a typical Bama offense. The Bama defense is pretty strong. LSU and ATM will be able to move the ball against them but that’s it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
1 more TD than Ole Miss did against Bama

Gotta take any small victories this season

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The great Dan Mullen scored 17 points or more against Bama twice. In 2014, we scored 20 points. In 2017 we scored 24 points.

The great Mullen only had over 154 rushing yards once in his entire career against Bama. 2017.

In the past 23 years, we have only scored more than 17 points against Bama 4 times total.
We scored 23 points just 6 went to the other team.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
1 more TD than Ole Miss did against Bama

Gotta take any small victories this season
When is the last time our offense out performed them against Alabama and our defense was just the opposite? I can’t recall one.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011

This is the worst Bama team since Croom!

Reactions: ChinaDawgSunflower

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Saban is going to die on the sidelines at Tuscaloosa and I don't know if anyone will have the balls to tell him he needs to hit the door before that. It's obvious this is his worse team since 2007.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If we ran the air raid we would be 2-3.
Could be… I’m not going to argue hypotheticals with you. Leach won a lot of ball games and I would like our chances at having a better record if he were still the head coach.

It’s not just about leach scoring more points or not. It’s also about how many more plays we ran last year and how we chewed up clock. It was much more efficient team. But more importantly, I don’t think we’d be sitting here thinking we might not win a conference game.

Reactions: 11thEagleFan

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Could be… I’m not going to argue hypotheticals with you. Leach won a lot of ball games and I would like our chances at having a better record if he were still the head coach.

It’s not just about leach scoring more points or not. It’s also about how many more plays we ran last year and how we chewed up clock. It was much more efficient team. But more importantly, I don’t think we’d be sitting here thinking we might not win a conference game.
We also got the 3 worst teams in the West at home last year. Those 3 went 2-6, 2-6, and 3-5. I’m sure we would look much better against them. But our defense is just so bad. Leach and Co just didn’t bring in enough players.

Reactions: patdog

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
The talking heads say Saban thinks this could be one of the best defenses he’s ever had at Bama. I’m liking Barbay’s offense more than I did after LSU and think it could be good at MSU. 17 points is more than we historically score against Bama, but our defense was short handed on the d-line. I saw more from an MSU team last night than I normally do. It still sucks, but I think Arnett has a fighters chance at keeping his job.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Honestly... some part of me wishes we would have just gotten blown out.

It sucks to see these games where, yes, it was a 23 point difference, but it was 23 points in a way where along the way, it kept you believing things like:
"Well, if the ref had made that call correctly"
"Well, if Will hadn't thrown that bone-headed pass"
"Well, if we could have stopped that 3rd and long or that 4th and short"
"Well, we're only one or two mistakes away from being in this"
"Well, we're moving the ball well, if we can get it in the endzone on this drive and get a stop on the next one, then we got a shot in the 2nd half/3rd Qtr/4th Qtr/last 10 mins."

It's like a death by a thousand cuts. Same thing with South Carolina last week.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The "ALL IS WELL" spin is full blown today it seems. Not a surprise, because we don't want to have to make a new hire and pay a buyout.
Moral Victory Monday = Money Saving Moves

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
The talking heads say Saban thinks this could be one of the best defenses he’s ever had at Bama. I’m liking Barbay’s offense more than I did after LSU and think it could be good at MSU. 17 points is more than we historically score against Bama, but our defense was short handed on the d-line. I saw more from an MSU team last night than I normally do. It still sucks, but I think Arnett has a fighters chance at keeping his job.
The offense is more explosive. Might be part scheme might be part experienced receivers. The problem is for every part explosive we counter with quick turnovers on downs bc the system is brand new and Barbay is trying to adapt it to a roster built for a niche system. We took all that experience and regressed it by choice. Arnett might have a fighters chance if Barbay can get this thing going quickly (while battling a ton of turnover in year 2), but a 4-8 or 5-7 year 1 isn't going to buy him any goodwill or extra time. This was a dumb year to throw the roster a ton of change. Why waste a the valuable asset of experience? Barbay has to look like a miracle worker here on out for that odd bet to pay out. And I think Barbay needs some mobility at the QB spot to really make his scheme reliable. So I'm not real sure where we're headed right now...

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

All those other years are wills fault too

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I do believe if Leach were with us, this would have potential to be a big season. But this defense is so bad, I feel like we’d be in a shootout every week.

But no doubt this would have been Leach’s best team right when the SEC is down.
So you’ve completely made up a lie that Leach had good offenses while at MSU. We suck this year but please stop with the “if Leach was here our offense would be better” bs

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The "ALL IS WELL" spin is full blown today it seems. Not a surprise, because we don't want to have to make a new hire and pay a buyout.
Moral Victory Monday = Money Saving Moves

Well there is that big chance of having a baseball buyout to pay too come late May.........

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004

While your points may be valid they can be easily dismissed based on the perceived "badness" of this Alabama team, making everyone who's ready to fire everybody still morally correct.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Honestly... some part of me wishes we would have just gotten blown out.

It sucks to see these games where, yes, it was a 23 point difference, but it was 23 points in a way where along the way, it kept you believing things like:
"Well, if the ref had made that call correctly"
"Well, if Will hadn't thrown that bone-headed pass"
"Well, if we could have stopped that 3rd and long or that 4th and short"
"Well, we're only one or two mistakes away from being in this"
"Well, we're moving the ball well, if we can get it in the endzone on this drive and get a stop on the next one, then we got a shot in the 2nd half/3rd Qtr/4th Qtr/last 10 mins."

It's like a death by a thousand cuts. Same thing with South Carolina last week.

I dodged the bullet. Couldn't see the start of the game for ESPN was still showing LSU vs OM. So, I was listening. I thought holy hell, we've stopped them. Yeah, dude made a great punt we so we had **** field position. Aaand in 2 plays their QB basically runs the length of the field for a TD. Net possession, Pick 6 to a DE (I think). I'm done. It's late enough. Not going to let this ruin what's left of my Saturday.

Reactions: Dawgg

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
While your points may be valid they can be easily dismissed based on the perceived "badness" of this Alabama team, making everyone who's ready to fire everybody still morally correct.
Yea. That 10-2 Bama team (at worst) sure does suck. Their last test seems to be ATM this week…unless you consider Tennessee at home or Kentucky a threat.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
So you’ve completely made up a lie that Leach had good offenses while at MSU. We suck this year but please stop with the “if Leach was here our offense would be better” bs
The offense was better last year than this… in pretty much every way you can measure an offense.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
The offense was better last year than this… in pretty much every way you can measure an offense.
Calling to replace an offense 5 games in with a bad offense doesn’t make any sense. At the end of the season our numbers will be right in line with previous Leach offenses.

I hate everything about this season but calling for Leach’s offense to return is infuriating because you’re asking for us to run a bad offense that was extremely painful to watch in every aspect.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Fun fact. We scored 17 points and gave up 17 point on 3 interceptions.
I know they still would have scored 23 but it might have changed some of our in-game decisions like going for it on 4th and 14 or whatever it was. You never know how the game would have turn out if it wasn't for the three interceptions.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login