Funniest thing about the AD/OC Search

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
Note to self...Rosey whiffs a lot.
He used to have info but not share it because Cohen was his buddy.

Now he has no sources. He has been reporting on the OC search for a week and never once said the name Barbay

Last edited:
Reactions: AngeloKnows

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
is how certain people will come along after Ross Dellenger reports something and say "I am hearing" or "can confirm". Sorry, but I get a kick out of those kinds of tweets/posts and I am tempted to respond with "Yes, I read Ross' tweet as well."
Yeah. I'm pretty upfront about the fact that I don't have any inside contacts and also don't keep up with all of CFB enough to have any idea who is good/bad. Being ignorant provides just the levity I need to chime in on anything and get angry about whatever I like. It's freeing!

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I will give Steve some credit for mentioning Selmon as a strong candidate several days ago. But he had NOTHING on the OC hire after it didn’t work out with Briles. Barbay’s name was never even mentioned as a possibility. He had the Tulane TE coach as the leading candidate as recently as this morning.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
It does appear they are more on the outs than ever regarding info. I believe they are given misinformation on purpose to clown them. In their defense, if you don't have 100% positive reporting regarding State, then you become the enemy of the university and the athletic department. Arnett is going to be very "Bill Belichek" like dealing with all media.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
since rumors are encouraged..

From a reliable source, the way Rosebowl and others publicly handled the Arnett-Briles courtship last week really pissed off Arnett. The Bumphis hiring announcement was also not supposed to be leaked until after Briles was hired. These two factors together played a role in Briles staying at Arkansas, I heard his interest was more than just Sexton playing us.

This is why Rosey was left in the dark on OC rumors the last several days and was peddling Mike Bobo, Slade Nagle, etc. I imagine Arnett will eventually figure out a way to use Rosey as a resource but they aren’t off on the right foot.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

From a reliable source, the way Rosebowl and others publicly handled the Arnett-Briles courtship last week really pissed off Arnett. The Bumphis hiring announcement was also not supposed to be leaked until after Briles was hired. These two factors together played a role in Briles staying at Arkansas, I heard his interest was more than just Sexton playing us.

This is why Rosey was left in the dark on OC rumors the last several days and was peddling Mike Bobo, Slade Nagle, etc. I imagine Arnett will eventually figure out a way to use Rosey as a resource but they aren’t off on the right foot.
Probably no reason to shut out anyone if the next step after Briles was just to go get a G5 OC. Pretty much any G5 OC would take our job regardless. Wish Arnette would have kept everything close hold to start with if it really had an impact on whether or not KB ultimately made the move to MSU.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Probably no reason to shut out anyone if the next step after Briles was just to go get a G5 OC. Pretty much any G5 OC would take our job regardless. Wish Arnette would have kept everything close hold to start with if it really had an impact on whether or not KB ultimately made the move to MSU.
That you, Rosey?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/...to-the-story-with-the-mike-bobo-rumor.847848/

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I will give Steve some credit for mentioning Selmon as a strong candidate several days ago. But he had NOTHING on the OC hire after it didn’t work out with Briles. Barbay’s name was never even mentioned as a possibility. He had the Tulane TE coach as the leading candidate as recently as this morning.
Selmon was mentioned as a candidate weeks ago so if Rosie was calling it a couple days ago, it wasn't his scoop

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Much rather take our chances with Barbay than Briles. Briles still carries baggage and has not proven to be any kind of world beater at Arkie.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Selmon was mentioned as a candidate weeks ago so if Rosie was calling it a couple days ago, it wasn't his scoop
Sure, but he at least seemed to catch on a few days before Dellenger broke the Selmon news.

He was TOTALLY blindsided by the Barbay news.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
is how certain people will come along after Ross Dellenger reports something and say "I am hearing" or "can confirm". Sorry, but I get a kick out of those kinds of tweets/posts and I am tempted to respond with "Yes, I read Ross' tweet as well."
Do you mean the ones like this? Thanks Captain "Obvious" Robertson. Guy thats not even in state or local

1673553472668.png

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
There’s quite a difference between “mentioned as a candidate” and “this guy is the hire”
So "is this guy the hire" yet? If not, he's a candidate and Rosey was just slinging hash hoping he might at some point be and he could then say he called it weeks ago.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

That any MSU fan thought there was the remotest possibly to KB coming shows how gullible and out of touch some of our fans are. If we could pay his $2mil, Ark could easily pay him $2.5 or $3mil and does starting over in Starkville get him a P5 HC sooner? Doubt it.

No doubt the talked to us and showed interest, but he was just keeping his options open and gaining leverage.

• Haha

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
I will give Steve some credit
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

Reactions: mcdawg22

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I just don't get that worked up about someone being right or wrong. I'd rather read what you are hearing than holding back. You just need to make sure your source is ok with it.

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020
That any MSU fan thought there was the remotest possibly to KB coming shows how gullible and out of touch some of our fans are. If we could pay his $2mil, Ark could easily pay him $2.5 or $3mil and does starting over in Starkville get him a P5 HC sooner? Doubt it.

No doubt the talked to us and showed interest, but he was just keeping his options open and gaining leverage.
I don't presume to know what all happened or how everything played out so I choose to give CZA the benefit of the doubt. By no means do I have "inside sources" but I do have a relationship with someone who was ONCE involved in a MSU news cycle and the perception and reports on social media were so far removed from the reality of the situation. Since then, I take everything I hear with a grain of salt and assume that 99% of what is being said is inaccurate.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login