Funniest thing I heard yesterday about the coaching change...

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Listening to McElroy and Cubelic, Cole starts by saying "Zach Arnett is really good dude..." McElroy interrupts him, "I never liked that guy." Cole was like err wut? McElroy continues, "He was a jerk to me once." Cole just moved on to make his point. I laughed out loud.

How long has McElroy been stewing about that one? A couple years probably. Seems like the old ZA probably shut down pencil neck in one of their pre-game production meetings TV crews have with assistant coaches before games. This is how I picture Greg getting the news that Arnett was fired...

Happy Napoleon Dynamite GIF

Anyways, no matter how good of person you are or how kind you are to others, there's always someone out there that's like "I never liked that guy."

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Lol I don't mind that kind of off-color comment. ESPN doesn't have to turn into Barstool, but letting talking heads be themselves a bit more makes for more interesting content. Commentators aren't robots, they are just like the rest of us and are subject to pettiness on occasion.

And it's not like he said Arnett is a POS and he's glad he got fired.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
He is just another flavor of Stephen a smith. If you hate him, you still talk about him. No such thing as bad publicity.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login