Funny, Feel Good story

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
Got a new State sweatshirt for Christmas, threw on and went my weekly trip to the liquor store for Ice in Tampa. As I get out of my car, I see 6 or 8 very large grown young men coming out. They see my sweatshirt and yell " Hail Pirate. " I was caught guard and had no clue what they were talking bout. Then they I heard Hail State....... Was BS ing with them, defensive lineman getting some refreshments for the room.

As I was shopping, a lady sees my sweatshirt, asked was I with the young guys that were in the store. She gave a brief life history, from Columbus Ohio, went to Kentucky and husband went South Carolina. There son is on the MSU Golf team. They love MSU and Starkville. She said the people in restaurants, convenience stores were remarkably nice!

Haven't lived in Mississippi in 25 years, the last year I've shied away from acknowledging because of Jackson Water embarrassment and Nancy New Saga.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Good story but your really were hesitant to say you lived in Mississippi because of what's above?
I have no problem telling folks I lived in Mississippi for 40 years, even after being in Texas for 15. Every place has its share of black eyes. I did try apologizing for Ole Miss but finally gave up.
\
Happy Jonah Hill GIF by Ole Miss Rebels

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I never shy away from my Mississippi Roots. My FB page proudly states I'm from Greenwood and when people ask where I'm from I say I live in Texas but was born and raised in the Mississippi Delta.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Haven't lived in Mississippi in 25 years, the last year I've shied away from acknowledging because of Jackson Water embarrassment and Nancy New Saga.
So many things that I want to say. I’ve typed and deleted 2 responses but this subject is too nuanced to have a productive conversation on here.

If you do come back to Mississippi come on over to my house and let’s have a drink ( I’m building a pretty good bourbon collection) and have a long conversation about Mississippi it’s problems and it’s positive contributions to the world.

Happy New Year

Reactions: tbaydog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login