Future is Bright

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Tough loss, but the future is bright. Jans took the worst shooting team in the nation and made it to the tournament. Can’t wait to see what he does next year.
Agreed. If somehow Tulu comes back WITH Hubbard, watch out. That guy can shoot, drive, and dish. Makes DD look like a juco.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
You’re right. If a program and don’t make the Sweet 16, you should just close up shop. What’s the point? You don’t build. You go from dumpster fire to final four immediately.
there s always gonna be one...

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Tough loss, but the future is bright. Jans took the worst shooting team in the nation and made it to the tournament. Can’t wait to see what he does next year.
Couldn’t agree more

The bottom line is that there are clear reasons that this team didn’t have high expectations, and when your entire offense revolves around a single post player that can’t shoot FTs, it’s honestly a miracle that this group accomplished what it did.

The thing that’s keeping me very optimistic is that the team’s success this year was about 95% energy/effort and 5% talent, so if Jans can upgrade the talent level while continuing to coach the rest, there should be good things ahead. Like others have said, Hubbard’s a great get, but if we can snag even a couple scorers in the portal, we could really see this team start to take off next season

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Don't know much about basketball but I know about effort, and this team played with tremendous effort. Perfect example was Stevenson (I believe) sprinting the length of the court to intercept the ball, that was nothing but a hustle / effort play. Our future is bright.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login