Gai Chol

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
With Tolu out, does anyone know where this Mr. Chol is in terms of development? Will he be able to give a relief for a minute or two occasionally?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
A freshman Sudanese big man that averaged under 10ppg in a small HS private school division in GA as a Junior doesnt seem like someone that will produce points like Tolu.
But I will happily have my bias be wrong on this one. I would love to hear about how he is doing in practices so far.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I figure Bell will be the primary replacement. Just didn't know if Chol would be able to contribute at all.

Reactions: josebrown

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
He will definitely play some in nonconference. Tolu being hurt probably prevents him from redshirting.

I have seen us play some awful big men over the years. Surely Chol can’t be worse than the likes of John Riek, Schneider Herard, Fallou Ndoye, Johnny Zuppardo, etc.

Last edited:

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Ugh. Dude ran like a baby deer with a broken leg on ice.
It hurt my knees to watch him run.

Weird thing about Riek, he couldn’t walk but was a surprisingly good free throw shooter.

I was at the first game he played in, at the Coliseum in Jackson, I think we were playing Centenary. He gets a rebound and holds the ball directly over his head with his long freaking arms while two short dudes from Centenary are jumping after it. It was like he was playing keep away from a couple of toddlers. Got an audible laugh from a bunch of us there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login