Gamecocks 15, Tar Heels 2

Whatever1

Mar 27, 2022
That really threw me off. Wasn't watching and was just checking d1baseball every so often. They had it backwards the whole game and I thought we were getting smoked. It is still wrong on their scores.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
That really threw me off. Wasn't watching and was just checking d1baseball every so often. They had it backwards the whole game and I thought we were getting smoked. It is still wrong on their scores.
I noticed that as well. Unbelievable.

Reactions: GamecockWarrior

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I was able to watch the game on ACCN (don't ask).
Our fielding (infield) wasn't that great (although they did load the bases in a couple of innings with zero runs scored).
Our hitting was timely - their's wasn't. Holes must have thrown in the towel in the 9th - I fell asleep.

Audio from the Tar Hole radio network carried in the video. Obnoxious homers. The were unaware that USC & Clemron have a long-standing rivalry, and acted surprised on-air. Seriously? One of them was also unaware that Tulane is in NOLA (he thought they were in the midwest somewhere).

Did Frank Martin stop in Charlotte enroute to Massachusetts to coach this team? :rolleyes:😁

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I was able to watch the game on ACCN (don't ask).
Our fielding (infield) wasn't that great (although they did load the bases in a couple of innings with zero runs scored).
Our hitting was timely - their's wasn't. Holes must have thrown in the towel in the 9th - I fell asleep.

Audio from the Tar Hole radio network carried in the video. Obnoxious homers. The[y] were unaware that USC & Clemron have a long-standing rivalry, and acted surprised on-air. Seriously? One of them was also unaware that Tulane is in NOLA (he thought they were in the midwest somewhere).

Did Frank Martin stop in Charlotte enroute to Massachusetts to coach this team? :rolleyes:😁
That's what has happened to the rivalry. Even some of our younger fans can't relate to the relevance it once had or passions it used to engender.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
That's what has happened to the rivalry. Even some of our younger fans can't relate to the relevance it once had or passions it used to engender.
I dunno. If you told me that Iowa and Iowa State have a longstanding rivalry, I would not be surprised.

But I do believe that the passion would increase in basketball if we played them in late January/early February instead of burying the game very early in the season.

Reactions: RAtheOLcoach
Jan 18, 2022
Audio from the Tar Hole radio network carried in the video. Obnoxious homers. The were unaware that USC & Clemron have a long-standing rivalry, and acted surprised on-air. Seriously? One of them was also unaware that Tulane is in NOLA (he thought they were in the midwest somewhere).

Yeah... they were horrible. Between the not knowing about our rivalry with the taters to the Tulane thing just pathetic. And I was about ready to drive up to Charlotte and throat punch them... never seemed to get that we're the REAL Carolina.

Reactions: RAtheOLcoach

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Yeah... they were horrible. Between the not knowing about our rivalry with the taters to the Tulane thing just pathetic. And I was about ready to drive up to Charlotte and throat punch them... never seemed to get that we're the REAL Carolina.
They should have been mindful that the audio for this game was not limited to the Tar Hole Network and adjusted their approach accordingly.

For those fortunate enough not to listen to those clowns, Tulane came up regarding the men's final four.

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I dunno. If you told me that Iowa and Iowa State have a longstanding rivalry, I would not be surprised.

But I do believe that the passion would increase in basketball if we played them in late January/early February instead of burying the game very early in the season.
Well, one thing about it: we've won one conference championship in football, and our winning it meant they didn't win it. You know what I mean?

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
That's ACC Network Extra for you.
Nah, that's the Tar Hole Network. I've heard Tommy Moody & Derek Scott audio on SECN+ telecasts.

If a game is not picked up by SECN / ACCN / ESPN, then the (designated) home team produces it themselves through their conference's network with SECN+ / ACCNX.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login