Gameday Parking

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
Going to the Arizona game this weekend, as someone who only goes to 2 or 3 State games a year due to it being a pretty far drive, I've always parked in the grass lot at the corner of Blackjack and Stone. Aside from there, where do y'all recommend to park for games? Not that I don't like parking there, just wanted to find something a little closer to DWS as my father will be coming with me this Saturday, and didn't want to shuffle to the stadium. Is it possible to get a pass for the lot over behind McCarthy, or are those reserved?

RevWGL

May 24, 2020
People put passes up for sale on StubHub and Seat Geek. That might be your best bet for a lot closer in.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Going to the Arizona game this weekend, as someone who only goes to 2 or 3 State games a year due to it being a pretty far drive, I've always parked in the grass lot at the corner of Blackjack and Stone. Aside from there, where do y'all recommend to park for games? Not that I don't like parking there, just wanted to find something a little closer to DWS as my father will be coming with me this Saturday, and didn't want to shuffle to the stadium. Is it possible to get a pass for the lot over behind McCarthy, or are those reserved?
Parking goes on sale at 8:00 this morning. I’d take a look at the game-day parking map and check that out

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I haven't looked at this year's map.except to find my lot but in the past, Bully Grass was the closest non-reserved parking spot.
I parked there for years and loved it. Easy and quick to get off campus if you get back to your vehicle quickly after the game.
After my tailgate grew in size with more participants, I finally gave in and bought a parking pass so wet weather wouldn't spoil our tailgate if the lot was closed.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Just a heads up they have removed several of the south campus parking lots for game day parking due to the construction where McCarthy gym was. We got bumped from our parking lot (between McCarthy and Fresh) now we have to park out at Allen. Not exactly happy about that. The Grass parking you are talking about my be your best bet.

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The entire lot between McCarthy and Fresh is under construction. You can't park there.

You may be able to buy a pass from the university this AM in Lot 13. But they weren't available last week. However there are grass lots near sorority row.

Or use stone to drop off your Grandpa at the bookstore, 3 hours before KO. Then go park.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I might be able to help you out. Let me call the ticket office this morning, and I’ll let you know

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Park @ the Research Park across 182 at the North Campus entry and catch the free shuttle, it drops off at Giles Architecture Bldg across the street from stadium

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
I parked at the intersection near coconuts last weekend for free…for what it’s worth. Granted, wasn’t a whole lot of traffic. I’d imagine if you get there early enough…might be able to swing a spot

patdog

May 28, 2007
I haven't looked at this year's map.except to find my lot but in the past, Bully Grass was the closest non-reserved parking spot.
I parked there for years and loved it. Easy and quick to get off campus if you get back to your vehicle quickly after the game.
After my tailgate grew in size with more participants, I finally gave in and bought a parking pass so wet weather wouldn't spoil our tailgate if the lot was closed.
Just found that lot myself and bought a pass for tomorrow's game. Looks like it should be easy peasy.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Just found that lot myself and bought a pass for tomorrow's game. Looks like it should be easy peasy.
If you get there fast enough after the game, you can turn left out of the parking lot even though the traffic flow map shows a right exit. You can then exit campus to the south without going through town.
I live on Blackjack and use to be able to turn left onto Blackjack from Stone. I was staying until 00:00 on the clock and would either be home or halfway through my first adult beverage at the Veranda before they would interview Mullen in the locker room. That's how fast I could get out of there.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login