Garrett speaks............

TilloDawg

May 26, 2006
<div class="navigation"> <div class="alignleft"> From Elliss' blog.....

« <font color="#0066CC">And in other news today . . .</font> </div> <div class="alignright"></div> </div> <div class="post" id="post-597"> <h2>Chris Garrett speaks</h2> <div class="entry"> <div class="snap_preview">

I just got off the telephone will Chris Garrett, who talked about his decision to commit to LSU earlier today.</p>

Here's what the Tupelo quarterback had to say.</p>

(Was this one of the hardest decisions you've ever made?)
"By far. I'm always going to love Mississippi State. The hardest thing was telling Coach Croom, because we really had a good relationship. He handled it good, I thought. He didn't act mad about it, so I thought that was really good."</p>

(You'll be going to a program that's not in short supply of quarterbacks. Did you weigh that into your decision?)
"Yes sir. But you have to be confident in your own abilities and confident in what you can do. I just feel if I go down there, work as hard as I can, I'll start for them one day."</p>

(I'm sure you've had a few people already express an opinion or two about your decision)
"They have. But you know, I can't worry about what other people think or say or how they react. I have to do what's best for me. And what's best for me is playing at LSU."</p>

(Why the change of mind?)
"It was hard. But I went down there for Junior Day, and they took us around and showed us the campus, academic center and football facilities, and I was really impressed. I met most of the coaches and something about the place just stuck with me. And I loved it when I went back a few weeks ago. I sat in on a quarterback meeting and was really impressed with the direction of the offense. I came back home, prayed about it and knew it was where I wanted to be."</p> </div> </div> </div>

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
So basically, he liked the campus, which is surprising to me because MSU's is nicer, the facilities, will give LSU that, and the offense, and God told him to, how can you argue with that?

There ya go.

norman.sixpack

Jun 5, 2007
whatever, this kid is now Blake Barnes Jr.--LSU will get a better qb than him this year, and next year and the next year. Enjoy the view from the pine kid.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I hope he sucks *** for the rest of his career. If you don't come to State, I have nothing for you unless I know you personally.

B

Bulldoghair

this is great news!...i'm serious, now we can hopefully land a real good qb in russell from meridian and mabee the moore kid....garrett is lazy and has no heart......i seriously felt that he'd prevent us from landing russell or moore which are way better anyway.</p>

clandbulldog

Mar 23, 2008
And he crossed MSU off his list the day Garrett committed last fall. If the young man can change his reputation as having a bad attitude, he will be fine. Davey Crawley ( MSU WR 1998-2001 ) is his uncle, so maybe we can get him. Good riddance to Garrett -- Was not impressed that much anyhow and Tyson Lee looks to be solid so far!

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
I sat in on a quarterback meeting and was really impressed with the direction of the offense.

"Holy **** you wouldn't believe it - down there they know how to teach quarterbacks how to run an offense."

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
if you smell a delicious, crispy aroma emanating from the Garrett residence, that's not your tailpipe. That's Chris, who now officially smells like corndogs.

mstatefanatic

Aug 30, 2006
being more towards a spread, which Perrilloux will run this year (if he can make it through the season without getting charged with a felony). On top of that, Russell Shepard, a top 5 QB prospect, will step right in next year and take over the starting QB spot, which he will hold on until he goes to NFL or graduates. I guess CG wants to be just like Matt Flynn.

BewareOfMSUDawg

Oct 8, 2006
I hear that LSU has in their offense this thing called the "forward pass". Can someone explain to me exactly what that is? I was thinking it might be similar to the "pick 6" play that we run, but I'm not sure.

shaschboy

Sep 19, 2007
that can't make a true decision. He commits to us; de-commits us; commits to LSU. I mean, what the hell is he gonna do when he's being chased down by 300 pounders. BAD JUDGEMENT. If God told him to go to LSU, then God is on our side. We'll do better than taking this "Kenny Ashley" wannabe.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
when he's being chased down by 300 pounders. BAD JUDGEMENT.
Just a guess here, but maybe he and his "family advisor" are somewhat adverse to his constantly being chased down by 300 pounders, ala Henig/Riddell/Carroll.

Otherwise, I've got to hand it to you. I think you may have hit the wooly trifecta with that rant.

Buffard Tannen

Mar 8, 2008
Screw him if he doesn't want to come to State. i mean let's be honest if he was really the die hard fan he claimed to be it wouldn't have mattered who offered him, his first priority would've been State. Besides the kid could end up being a complete bust anyway, I mean look at Perrilloux, he's been there for three years and basically hasn't done near what his was projected to do. i know he was redshirted and had Jamarcus in front of him, but with all his hype and potential he was supposed to have coming out of high school, he should've beat out Fylnn. However, I do project him to be taken early in the draft for the Louisiana Penal League after his next arrest. Back to my point, I think that if we get Tyler Russell it will be a great catch because his ability to scramble, make plays and still have good pocket presence, unlike Garrett who could turn into a pseudo Lorenzen.

gptdawg

Jan 23, 2007
Best thing the Garrett family could do is drive (or rather try to drive) through BR anytime except dead of night. That place is a nightmare. I would never live there.

patdog

May 28, 2007
dawgstudent said:
I hope he sucks *** for the rest of his career. If you don't come to State, I have nothing for you unless I know you personally.

I couldn't agree more dawgstudent. <17> You Garrett!</p>

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
I hope he enjoyed being a bulldog fan, because everyone who is a bulldog fan now officially doesn't like him and will probably boo the **** out of him when he comes to Starkville (and rightfully so)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login