Geautreau turned Tulane down

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
My suspicion is it was a money thing. It’s going to take a really good HC job (probably SEC) to get him to leave Starkville.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
I agree. And the future of college sports, especially baseball, is in flux. Unsure what The American’s and Tulane’s commitment to more scholarships, 3rd Assistant, and overall support of baseball…

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
My suspicion is it was a money thing. It’s going to take a really good HC job (probably SEC) to get him to leave Starkville.

I’m guessing that he might have to take a pay cut to go be a HC at a place like Rice or Tulane from here. It’s nice to be able to keep a good assistant.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Seems like this new NIL world could really be tough on Tulane and other private schools. I’m sure Vandy will roll on with their commitment to sport, but if the options are pay $15K a semester at Tulane or get a free ride + a little spending money at USM - I know which I would pick…

Bagman.sixpack

Jan 13, 2021
Seems like this new NIL world could really be tough on Tulane and other private schools. I’m sure Vandy will roll on with their commitment to sport, but if the options are pay $15K a semester at Tulane or get a free ride + a little spending money at USM - I know which I would pick…

Tulane all day. Better school, better location.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login