Georgia Governor Executive Order Concerning NIL…

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
I read where Virginia Governor had also doing something similar in spring but have not really kept up in great detail.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I read where Virginia Governor had also doing something similar in spring but have not really kept up in great detail.
Yes. Virginia passed an actual law doing this. MS passed a law but it didn’t go this far. It mimicked Mizzou which pays a marketing agency to hire athletes. I’d assume with the Brandon Lee hire we are going that route.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Yes. Virginia passed an actual law doing this. MS passed a law but it didn’t go this far. It mimicked Mizzou which pays a marketing agency to hire athletes. I’d assume with the Brandon Lee hire we are going that route.
And who profits from the “marketing agency”?

I’m not saying that setup sounds ripe for corruption, but… well.. yes that’s exactly what I’m saying.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
And who profits from the “marketing agency”?

I’m not saying that setup sounds ripe for corruption, but… well.. yes that’s exactly what I’m saying.
I’d hope it’s a zero profit with everything going to players.

• Haha
Reactions: HRMSU

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I’m proposing fans be paid for in person attendance. Since it is all made for tv now, the players and coaches are the stars but we crowd members deserve to be considered extras since we contribute to the production. Either pay us minimum wage or at least give us free admission with a Coke and a hot dog to compensate us for our time and effort.

Reactions: Maroon13

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I’m proposing fans be paid for in person attendance. Since it is all made for tv now, the players and coaches are the stars but we crowd members deserve to be considered extras since we contribute to the production. Either pay us minimum wage or at least give us free admission with a Coke and a hot dog to compensate us for our time and effort.
I would still have a hard time getting my butt off the sofa and drive to see this product. 😳

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
There won't be any dispute at that point that players are university employees. That would make it really easy for them to join a real union like United Campus Workers (part of the AFL-CIO) and then this thing could get really strange, like player's going on strike or setting actually enforceable standards for practice or game conditions. Just wild.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
There won't be any dispute at that point that players are university employees. That would make it really easy for them to join a real union like United Campus Workers (part of the AFL-CIO) and then this thing could get really strange, like player's going on strike or setting actually enforceable standards for practice or game conditions. Just wild.
Would definitely be interesting to see what happens during bowl/playoff season. Extra pay for working holidays and such

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
What I read this legislation to say.... "If Any Georgia University wants to pay NIL directly to athletes, nobody can stop them." Which is a shot to the ncaa that we dare you to try and enforce your rules, here.

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
Bulldog45 and CrazyCotton, I really like your ideas. The support groups like the cheer leaders, band members, and fans should not be excluded from compensation. Absolutely. When you stop and think about it, you just can’t exclude the support groups from these money making endeavors.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login