Georgia loses by a TD on the road to a top 5 team….

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
…..and media has dismissed them.

People just can’t get out of the BCS era.
It’s that BCS mentality, you spend the kitchen sink on your roster and one loss ruins your season. Ridiculous. Most sports with good coaching, the team at the end of the year doesn’t necessarily resemble the one from earlier in the year.

Reactions: 22yardpunt
Dec 28, 2019
…..and media has dismissed them.

People just can’t get out of the BCS era.
My guess would be it was the 30 to 7 halftime score that made it look so bad. It wasn't even competitive until the 4th quarter. Did they suddenly start trying ? Did Bama relax and let them back in the game ?

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
My guess would be it was the 30 to 7 halftime score that made it look so bad. It wasn't even competitive until the 4th quarter. Did they suddenly start trying ? Did Bama relax and let them back in the game ?
Looked like Alabama had more to play for and Kirby didn’t have his team ready to go. I could see Georgia beating them at The end of the year.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
In my opinion there are only 4 or 5 teams that deserve top billing. Everybody else is just along for the ride
Looks like a huge drop off after top 7, Michigan is horrible and USC isn’t very good. Teams like Missouri are still a mystery. there will be 4-5 teams in the playoffs that many teams left out could beat.

Dec 28, 2019
Looks like a huge drop off after top 7, Michigan is horrible and USC isn’t very good. Teams like Missouri are still a mystery. there will be 4-5 teams in the playoffs that many teams left out could beat.
Right. Might be six. Not sure about Oregon. That AP top 6 is tough. The rest ain't gonna beat them. Miami, PSU, USC can't do it. Edited to add we did as good as Michigan

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
They lost by 7 and their QB had 4 turnovers. They won 34-13 from 2Q on. They are gonna be fine and I’m very sure Bama would love not to see them again in ATL.

Reactions: Wytalehntr

patdog

May 28, 2007
Right. Might be six. Not sure about Oregon. That AP top 6 is tough. The rest ain't gonna beat them. Miami, PSU, USC can't do it. Edited to add we did as good as Michigan
Doesn’t matter how big you make the playoffs, it won’t get real until the semifinals. Cause there’s really only gonna be 2-5 teams that have a chance anyway.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The committee will have their own opinion. GA can still get into the SEC championship game, winning it will get them a bye. One more thing GA is going to have to figure out why they play so bad in the first half of every game.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login