Georgia, Michigan, TCU and who ?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Georgia and Michigan are in regardless of what happens next weekend.

USC and TCU are in with a win.

USC or TCU loses, Ohio State could steal their spot.

The other losses today prevent it going past that.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Right now USC is the 4th team. If TCU or USC loses next week, I think Alabama gets in.

Ohio State got blown out at home for their last presentation to the committee.

Opus007

Nov 4, 2022
So If Michigan or Georgia would lose, nothing would change. But if TCU would lose...........Somehow that doesn't seem right

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
SEC
BIG 10
BIG 12
PAC 12

No one from the ACC.

Message I see from this is you can add teams to your conference but you'll only get one in until 2024 or 2025.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If USC beats Utah on Friday then this is all really easy.

It shouldn't be easy. USC should not be in a playoff over Ohio State.

OSU's loss is to a better team, #2 Michigan. They have the best win, Penn State. And every win was by double digits. It's a joke if USC gets that spot.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
USC lost by 1 point to a mid ranked team in the middle of the season.

USC just beat ND by 11, same win margin that Ohio St beat them by.

USC will have just beat the only team that beat them during the season in their conference championship game the weekend before the final selection.

Ohio St’s last showing was a 22 point blowout.

So yes, it’s easy if everybody wins. Now let a loss happen and see what happens. Pretty obvious that the top 4 is:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC

5 and 6 are Alabama and Ohio State. Not sure which order though. Likely Ohio State at 5 but you never know what people are thinking.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
USC lost by 1 point to a mid ranked team in the middle of the season.

USC just beat ND by 11, same win margin that Ohio St beat them by.

USC will have just beat the only team that beat them during the season in their conference championship game the weekend before the final selection.

Ohio St’s last showing was a 22 point blowout.

So yes, it’s easy if everybody wins. Now let a loss happen and see what happens. Pretty obvious that the top 4 is:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC

5 and 6 are Alabama and Ohio State. Not sure which order though. Likely Ohio State at 5 but you never know what people are thinking.

Every major data driven poll in the country has or will have Ohio State in the Top 4, likely 3rd behind Michigan.

USC will not be in the Top 4 of any of them.

I hope they make it so I can watch Georgia beat them like Hugh Freeze beats his...

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Pretty obvious that the top 4 is:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC

No question this is it. I had Ohio St #5, but I just saw that Herbstreit has Bama #5. I think he’s probably right. UGA & Michigan in no matter what. Bama in if TCU or USC lose, and OSU in if they both lose.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
No question this is it. I had Ohio St #5, but I just saw that Herbstreit has Bama #5. I think he’s probably right. UGA & Michigan in no matter what. Bama in if TCU or USC lose, and OSU in if they both lose.

I'm not really arguing here, but what makes Bama more deserving than Ohio State?

Ohio State has 1 loss to the #2 team. Bama has 2 losses to lesser teams who won't be in the playoffs. Ohio State was very impressive vs the rest of their schedule and will be ahead of Bama in most major polls.

Just trying to understand the thinking.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm not really arguing here, but what makes Bama more deserving than Ohio State?

Ohio State has 1 loss to the #2 team. Bama has 2 losses to lesser teams who won't be in the playoffs. Ohio State was very impressive vs the rest of their schedule and will be ahead of Bama in most major polls.

Just trying to understand the thinking.
Could definitely argue it either way. But if Bama and OSU play on a neutral field, do you really think OSU would win?

edit: Bama lost 2 games on the road on the last play of the game vs 2 pretty good teams. OSU got curb stomped at home. I doubt OSU could get through an SEC schedule with only 1 loss.

Last edited:

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Could definitely argue it either way. But if Bama and OSU play on a neutral field, do you really think OSU would win?

edit: Bama lost 2 games on the road on the last play of the game vs 2 pretty good teams. OSU got curb stomped at home. I doubt OSU could get through an SEC schedule with only 1 loss.
Alabama also won games against the two Texas teams on their schedule on the last play of the game.

Those things always even out.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Honestly, I think OSU might be favored.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
So If Michigan or Georgia would lose, nothing would change. But if TCU would lose...........Somehow that doesn't seem right
And remember, TCU is playing the toughest team of the three. Kansas State is a top 10 team. Purdue and LSU aren’t.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
What's the latest on expanding the # of CFP teams? I've always been a proponent of no more than 8 allowing 1-4 host 5-8 on their own fields for round 1. Any more than that would weaken the greatest regular season in all of sports IMO.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login