Give these damn coaches credit

Shadow15

Oct 8, 2022
Sometimes the solution isn’t always “fire the head coach now”. The man lead us to a natty and yes thats been said over and over but sometimes you have down years and we were decimated with injuries. Lemonis has done a great job getting improvement where we needed it (pitching, defense especial left side INF and alpha type hitters). I hope he makes a lot of people eat crow this year and we are playing
Meaningful baseball in late May and into June. Because he deserves a ton of damn credit for holding it together and steadying the ship. I am more impressed with Saturday than the other 2 games. We didn’t lay down (we have the players now that won’t do that) and we respond to adversity. The past two years we were young and again see injuries and it just sucked. But Lemonis never blamed the players, he always took the brunt of the blame like a real man does, and for that I tip my cap and other state fans should too.

and now that I say this we may not win another series. But this one felt good.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Agree.

I know we pay them millions and that puts them on a faster timetable for most people- but the reality is progress isn’t always linear and things happen out of our control sometimes.

He’s a very solid coach. So are Gautreau and Parker. Happy for them and rooting for them. Keep the faith.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I wanted him canned too. I think he got lazy and complacent. Before this series I still wanted him fired. Of course if they can get on a roll and start winning that solves everything. This weekend blew me away. I didn't think we would even be competitive tbh.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
He has to learn to successfully recruit at a much higher level or it’s going to be hard to have consistent success on the field. I hope he figures it out but it needs to happen quick.

Dec 19, 2023
Absolutely give them credit. Very impressive win. Just like it was last year when we did the same in BR. But as good and satisfying as this one series was it is FAR from changing my mind about Lemonis. If we make it as a 2 seed inn a regional I will support keeping him but until that happens I will remain skeptical.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Encouraged by this weekend. But we'll see. I don't think those criticizing Lemonis thinks he's a bad coach. It's recruiting and missing on a few guys. I wonder if LSU will have a season like State and Ole Miss after winning the Natty. They seem loaded with talent but we knocked the ball all over against their pitching.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Count me in the unconvinced crowd; I mean who knows, the corndogs could be vastly overrated. If we continue to play during the season at a level comparable to this weekend, then I'll be happy to be a member of the eat crow crowd. HOWEVER, he's also gotta show me two consecutive years of this level of play. Remember, we went from first to worst in one season, and he did absolutely nothing about it the next year. I am still convinced even after this weekend that he is not the long-term solution.

DawgieDust

Nov 6, 2017
Yes, Dawgs looking good pitching, fielding, and competing with a purpose. Hope it springboards to a great season. This weekend looked like the old dawgs that teams feared. We shall see how it goes from here, but it was a good 1st week. Sweep was there for the taking after the impressive uphill fight to come back Saturday.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Shadow15

Oct 8, 2022
Man how sweet a sweep would have been?! We got jobbed on that call at the plate Saturday. The more I watch, the more I’m convinced he dropped it. But hey, I think if you told us state would win 2 of 3 and damn near sweep before on Friday morning, we would all take it! Just keep fighting and stay healthy dawgs.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Yesterday was an interesting game. I've seen some State teams that just looked intimidated by LSU and thus didn't think they had a good chance to win. Coming back from 8 down and having a good chance to win is one of the few times a loss can be called a moral victory or not a bad loss. It showed today

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login