Glad I kept this bookmarked.

Jul 26, 2021
Meeee too. Just wish I could’ve gotten a thumbs down gif. Oh well…the guy is a mystery wrapped in a puzzle and then wrapped in an enigma….

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I forgot I responded to that thread. I was in a pretty hopeless mode. Just reminds me how truly awful our shooting was during that stretch of games. We couldn't hit layups, threes or FTs for a few games. It felt like we might shoot 50% from the line for awhile there.

They really showed heart down the stretch, because the 3 pt shooting never got a whole lot better.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I forgot I responded to that thread. I was in a pretty hopeless mode. Just reminds me how truly awful our shooting was during that stretch of games. We couldn't hit layups, threes or FTs for a few games. It felt like we might shoot 50% from the line for awhile there.

They really showed heart down the stretch, because the 3 pt shooting never got a whole lot better.
Today was a good example of games we have had where we couldn't do anything right, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the bass fiddle, and turned the ball over constantly. But despite that, this bunch has kept on. but fighting and fighting and coming out a winner again. Every time it looked really bad, we returned to our defense to put us back in the game. You have to admire that.

patdog

May 28, 2007

The thing to remember about that stretch of games is the schedule was absolutely brutal. I looked at the schedule in late December and figured 2-6 wouldn’t be a bad result & 3-5 would mean we had a hell of a team. So I managed to not get too down on them. Really, I think we were reasonably competitive in all but 1 or 2 of those games. The loss to Georgia & the blowout vs Tennessee (or was it Bama) were the only 2 bad games.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Heck yeah. To discuss sports. Rationally. So you can exit (though we agree on most things, you just HaTeS gOaT).
The original poster was discussing sports. He was bringing up how dumb and irrational sports can make people.

he presented exhibit A
You are exhibit B

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

The best username & schtick I've ever suggested for this board & certainly the best username since SPS moved to On3:

Cue the New User named Thumbs Down who makes like ClintoninHelen & comments Thumbs Down on everyone just to get Likes.

That said, it doesn't mean that I don't like my other suggestions either (MagnificentBastard -- still waiting on you to bring back the Rommel icon & Mr. Cook -- yeah, I'm responsible for the name).

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
That said, it doesn't mean that I don't like my other suggestions either (MagnificentBastard -- still waiting on you to bring back the Rommel icon & Mr. Cook -- yeah, I'm responsible for the name).

Would like to see Gooch's posting here.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login