Glad we missed on ol Kenny Payne

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Why do you say we “missed”. I highly doubt we seriously pursued that guy or offered him any semblance of the job. But either way, MSU fans are very quick to point out that we missed. Most other fan bases would say they passed. If we have to pick an extreme, it’s past time to grow some self esteem in our fanbase.

Reactions: HeCannotGo

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Why do you say we “missed”. I highly doubt we seriously pursued that guy or offered him any semblance of the job. But either way, MSU fans are very quick to point out that we missed. Most other fan bases would say they passed. If we have to pick an extreme, it’s past time to grow some self esteem in our fanbase.
1668569944152.gif

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Coach34 was all over that guy. Was hyping him up to be the second coming. Another thing he was wrong about.
Whatever happened to that slackdick, surely he's a coaching legend in 6A ball somewhere in TX by now and becoming a pipeline of 5* athletes to us?

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I think that was just casual phrasing from DS, because he probably knows what happened, but you're right that we didn't "miss". That was a conscious decision by those at the top. To the **chagrin** of a few of our large bball supporters. Relatedly, you can see a marked dropoff in recruiting during those years.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
BS. He met with our AD but I don't know if we passed or Kenny did. I'm sure some here know more about that than I do. At the end of the day, we did a better job selecting a coach than Louisville did. "self esteem" WTF's that supposed to mean? We're off to a roaring start, can't you find something righteous and hopeful for a change? Negative Waves.jpg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We interviewed him. We didn't "miss" on him. Mainly because we didn't swing.

I bet you also believe that we "missed" on Cliff Godwin.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Why you don’t hire a dude known as an ace recruiter that has never been more than an assistant…

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think that was just casual phrasing from DS, because he probably knows what happened, but you're right that we didn't "miss". That was a conscious decision by those at the top. To the **chagrin** of a few of our large bball supporters. Relatedly, you can see a marked dropoff in recruiting during those years.
Just a pet peeve.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I was told that we were about to hire Payne and then Stricklin got cold feet at the last second over Payne’s AAU ties. So he changed course and hired…… Rick Ray.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I was told that we were about to hire Payne and then Stricklin got cold feet at the last second over Payne’s AAU ties. So he changed course and hired…… Rick Ray.
If we're talking 2012, maybe. I thought we were talking about the 2022 hire.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login