Go get Tim Corbin. Make it happen..

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
While he would be #1 on my list......he ain't coming. He's the highest paid coach in college baseball, lives in a great fun big city that still has a resemblance of the rule of law. While every now and then, his name pops up, it's time to move on from him.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
While he would be #1 on my list......he ain't coming. He's the highest paid coach in college baseball, lives in a great fun big city that still has a resemblance of the rule of law.
You must have not been to Nashville lately. It is starting to deteriorate at a rapid pace.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
You must have not been to Nashville lately. It is starting to deteriorate at a rapid pace.
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
State fans overestimate the appeal of MS State baseball. Like the post yesterday that showed our recruiting is really in the middle of the SEC because so many highly ranked recruits don't end up on campus, there are other places that rank higher than State for reasons other than stadiums and fan support. We can get a good coach and we should try for the best coaches. But, even the last search ended up with Lemonis, which made a lot of say "who is that guy?"

Reactions: PBRME and patdog

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
State fans overestimate the appeal of MS State baseball. Like the post yesterday that showed our recruiting is really in the middle of the SEC because so many highly ranked recruits don't end up on campus, there are other places that rank higher than State for reasons other than stadiums and fan support. We can get a good coach and we should try for the best coaches. But, even the last search ended up with Lemonis, which made a lot of say "who is that guy?"
The last search had numerous coaches turn us down. Many presume the deciding factor was they didn’t want to work for Cohen.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We can get a good coach and a good recruiter. As Lemonis has shown, you get the players and you have a chance to win a Natty. There are coaches out there who'd love to coach at State. I just don't see us pulling anyone away from a top 10 program. Coaches also have wives and kids that influence decisions on where they'd like to live.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
We can get a good coach and a good recruiter. As Lemonis has shown, you get the players and you have a chance to win a Natty. There are coaches out there who'd love to coach at State. I just don't see us pulling anyone away from a top 10 program. Coaches also have wives and kids that influence decisions on where they'd like to live.
I know I'm maybe jumpin' the gun but for some reason I'm wooly over Selmon having soaked up as much as I can on him and I like hearing him talk. As for me, he deserves full confidence at righting this failing ship we've got going at the present. I hope I'm right but acknowledge I've been wrong many times before.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

No good players will want to be at State. If you're good, there's enough money out there to go play somewhere else and be paid more.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
We’re solidly a top 10 job in college baseball. Honestly the only negative aspect about our program is how our fans act hormonal af with every pitch

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Not no, but HELL no! Corbin would never have been so successful w/o the huge advantage "Opportunity Vanderbilt" gave him. He didn't start winning a ton until he got that.

He can sign as many players as he wants with full schollies to any and all of them. Take that away from him and he is nothing special.

We’ll see…..because everybody can do that now. If he continues his success, its probably worth acknowledging there are other factors at play. The fact that he’s at an Ivy League caliber institution and can pitch that to well-to-do baseball families who have kids that couldn’t normally get in there is another huge advantage that no one talks about. Albeit, one that he also wouldn’t have at MSU or most anywhere else.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Lemonis would probably do as well as Corbin with the single most lopsided advantage in all of sports.
With NIL that advantage is gone. We will see how good Corbin really is in a couple of years.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
With NIL that advantage is gone. We will see how good Corbin really is in a couple of years.
Disagree. It lessens it, and perhaps nullifies it for a school that is willing to use NIL to a ridiculous degree for baseball (looking at you in particular, LSU), but most teams are gonna pay the stars, but not necessarily the whole team. Vandy can pay NIL and make sure everybody on the team can get all the financial aid they could want.

Corbin's record before OV was mediocre.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Top 5????? Are you serious? Have you seen them play?
I’m just telling you what they were ranked. But Yeah— one of the problems is we have some
Good players that don’t play well. It’s one of a lot of problems.

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
What we really need is for all of you rich folks to get organized with NIL $$$ and recruit some studs.

Much easier to ***** about a coach on the internet.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login