Good riddance CBS

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I won't give them the clicks, but I just saw CBS's 6 minute farewell video to SEC football. State got 4 clips totalling about 2 seconds. I'm so glad to see them go. You could tell any time they had a State game they couldn't wait to get back to Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge the next week.
Either of those 2 seconds showing our DL getting the lariat by bama/ga/corndogs?

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I'm convinced if the 2014 Auburn game had been the same weekend as the world's largest cocktail party, that's the game they would have picked.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I agree. CBS was literally THE WORST network to carry college football. From the in studio pregames to the dumb old bama loving announcers. Literally every single network had better coverage and better announcers. Even the new CW network that the ACC went to this year. Anything but CBS going forward.

Reactions: patdog and trob115

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We have to endure one more game if you want to watch Bama vs Ga.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I didn’t like Gary Daniels but most of our ESPN games have awful coverage, camera quality, and commentators. CBS was pretty decent. Watch a Big Ten game and the quality of Fox becomes readily apparent.

prdubya

Nov 29, 2017
Gus Johnson is the worst announcer. I don't get people's love for Fox coverage. He ruins it!

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
I won't give them the clicks, but I just saw CBS's 6 minute farewell video to SEC football. State got 4 clips totalling about 2 seconds. I'm so glad to see them go. You could tell any time they had a State game they couldn't wait to get back to Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge the next week.
I get that a TV network wants to air games that attract the most viewers (who wouldn’t?), but how could you tell that?

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Gary moaned and cried like a baby.

knew how to pronounce all the fancy bama players names but slaughtered everybody else’s.

know it all

thought he knew everything.

thought he could predict the future.

never took others opinions into consideration

his judgements were never correct

couldn’t accept it when he was wrong

would still be hung on plays that happened in the last possession

should not be allowed to sit within 10 yards of anybody who knows a lot about college football
Were you looking in a mirror when you typed this out?

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I get that a TV network wants to air games that attract the most viewers (who wouldn’t?), but how could you tell that?
Don’t remember the exact quote, but one year they had our game against Arkansas and essentially apologized for not having a better game.

• Haha
Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I thought this thread was about Tegna's dispute with AT&T. I just learned this morning that I don't have CBS, so I get no SEC Championship today.
Angry The Office GIF

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Were we on there this year?
No and they never even carried a Mike leach game in his final year last year either. Even though that squad was 9-4 and only finished behind lsu and bama. They realized it last year and carried some meaningless basketball game in January to save face.

but they know, as well as you and I know, that whoever made the decision not to cover a bulldog game that year lost out on major views from the future because as more time passes the more people will look back to find it and cbs will be no part of it.

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
No and they never even carried a Mike leach game in his final year last year either. Even though that squad was 9-4 and only finished behind lsu and bama. They realized it last year and carried some meaningless basketball game in January to save face.
I was joking about how bad that game was this year.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
ESPN is CFB. CBS, and Fox, suck at it. It'll be interesting to see how ESPN presents the SEC "big game" of the week.

I don't care for ESPN's wokeness, nor their idiotic weekday shows, nor Beth Mowins, but overall their CFB broadcasts are good. Of course when you sell the SEC, it's not hard to make it look good.

Reactions: patdog

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

I've come to the conclusion after all these years that people are going to ***** about the announcers no matter who they are, where they're from or what channel they're on. I will say this though, Beth Mowins is horrible.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Don’t remember the exact quote, but one year they had our game against Arkansas and essentially apologized for not having a better game.
Really?

I don’t disagree that there are better games than MSU-Arkansas on any given week, but i doubt anybody said that.

And its not helping your case that you can’t remember who said what.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I’m not crying over the SEC leaving CBS, but give me Gary and Vern/Nessler over Tom Hart and Co. any day.

Nov 20, 2023
This is true I remember that but don’t remember the exact year either but 17 them apology or not. Screw them and their garbage coverage and analysis of our games. Half *** jobs they did almost all the time.

Reactions: DawgInThe256

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I'm convinced if the 2014 Auburn game had been the same weekend as the world's largest cocktail party, that's the game they would have picked.
They always picked the cocktail party. They would announce that one preseason.

Ddog

May 24, 2023
I didn’t like Gary Daniels but most of our ESPN games have awful coverage, camera quality, and commentators. CBS was pretty decent. Watch a Big Ten game and the quality of Fox becomes readily apparent.
I think Fox is really bad.

Reactions: patdog

dawgenstein

Mar 3, 2008
For the rest of my life I will never forget Danielson in our 2014 game in Tuscaloosa where he said about Dak “well this is what happens when you have an inferior Quarterback..” If Dak were to win MVP this year I’d love him to reference how he was “inferior” to some.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
For the rest of my life I will never forget Danielson in our 2014 game in Tuscaloosa where he said about Dak “well this is what happens when you have an inferior Quarterback..” If Dak were to win MVP this year I’d love him to reference how he was “inferior” to some.
He must of had “MSU fans love the backup quarterback” in his notes. *****

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I would have loved to see the producers scrambling trying to build that montage. "We need a clip of all SEC schools playing the CBS game......where the 17 is M State?" Of course they could have gone back and found a clip from where Herschel ran all over us in the 80s.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login