Gordon Returns = Hans Transfer

fathead1432

Mar 3, 2008
I am starting to think that Ben might be considering transferring. He looked very disgusted after Gordon took that last Three. I think it is time to depart with Gordon, if someone will take him. Good not great career but it is time to move on.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
doesn't get a third of the looks he gets without Gordon. So he might want to think about that.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Gordon can go and I won't shed a tear. I PRAY that 'Bury Stewart gets pissed off about something and transfers.

If Hopson doesn't sign we're toast next year anyway.

BlindDawg

Jan 23, 2007
that the disgust has more to do with we just lost to an inferior team than it did with him not getting the last shot. I don't know Ben or anything, but he doesn't and has never seemed like the type of guy to get upset about stuff like that. I think the talks of Ben transferring are just people trying to stir **** up. I'm not worried about it. Ben is playing a big role on our team and his role will continue to grow in the coming years. Worry about our seeding tomorrow if you want to worry about something.

Feb 23, 2008
knew Jamont was going to launch the last shot hell or high water. What is he now, 1 for 20 in game winners? Anyway, Gordon's gone no matter what. He'll end up playing in Singapore but either way, I just don't see his ego letting him come back to Starkville. It's easy to sometimes bash on the guy but the sad part is, with the right coaching and proper discipline, he could have been a great one that we begged to come back.

M

MsuD00D

I really don't get you anti-Jamont crowd at all. You'd prefer that Jamont move on in order to keep Ben Hansbrough happy? Seriously?

If **** Stains had allowed Ravern to play some this year instead of coming in right before the 12 min timeout in games to get Randy or Ben a rest, I'd feel pretty good about our guard situation next year. However, as we sit here after our 32nd game of the season, Randy and Ben continue to suck yet Jamont is the one who should leave. That makes perfect sense.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Just sit down and look at what Gordon contributes before you rush to judgment on that. Yeah he has his bad games as does every player but his contribution is more that you are giving him credit for.

Eureka Dog

Feb 25, 2008
he provides for our team, and he does provide a lot, his slow dribbling, mediocre passing from the perimeter, and walking the ball up the court hurt us for, (at least) two reasons: It sucks the life out of our other players and it gives the opposition time to get settled into their half-court defense.

If JG's is to ever have a chance to play at a higher level, he's gonna have to speed his game up a little bit and realize that he cannot win a ball game by himself. Even Michael Jordan realized that, and he demanded a trade unless the Bulls went out and got some players to help him. The Bulls management did so, and thus the Bulls' dynasty was born.

One more thing, and I'm through....

Stans (may) need to hire an older coach, ... possibly an ex-head coach to play "bad coach" to Stans' "good coach". Often, it helps to have an experienced asst. coach that'll chew on the teams' rear ends when they need it. I think an ex-head coach could help RS with some of his blind spots, also. The only thing, is whether or not Stans' has enough self-confidence to do such a thing.

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
Give me Bost, Hopson, Gordon, Osby, and Varnado as a starting 5 with Ravern off the bench and I don't care if the rest of the team stays or goes.</p>

M

MsuD00D

Eureka Dog said:
he provides for our team, and he does provide a lot, his slow dribbling, mediocre passing from the perimeter, and walking the ball up the court hurt us for, (at least) two reasons: It sucks the life out of our other players and it gives the opposition time to get settled into their half-court defense.
Did you just happen to miss the game yesterday where he slashed through Alabama's D and dunked the ball to give us the lead? Or the numerous dunks that Chuck and Jarvis threw down? I agree there are many things that he can be criticized for, but yours are way off.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I would say that Kodi Augustus is much more likely to transfer than Ben.

No rumors, just personal opinion. Stans always seems to manage to kick someone off of the team.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Maybe a handful of players in the nation could have made that drive. He split the zone, slid past a defender trying to draw an offensive foul, and dunked the ball in a blur of motion that belies his size. I was literally speechless after that drive. Of all the great drives Gordon has made while here, that one takes the cake.

Anybody that wants this guy gone really needs to take a harder look at what he gives us. Yes, he does stupid stuff, takes bad shots, and gets stupid offensive fouls. But, the good far, far outweighs the bad. He creates so many shots for our other players who are incapable of doing that for themselves. Barry and Ben have a hard time creating their own looks and hitting anything from the perimeter unless wide open. Turner definantly cannot create his own shot. Then there are the times when we need a basket and Gordon goes to the rim, gets killed, and still scores the basket while not getting a foul call. I have not even brought up his defense, which is highly underrated by our fanbase. If Gordon leaves next year, losing him in addition to Rhodes will really hurt us.</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
The last thing we need right now is players transferring out. You wonder why we are stuck with Barry and Ben on the court so much even when they are having a bad night? Look no further than the Delk sisters. Their decision to transfer killed what should have been a deep and experienced backcourt. Imagine this team with them on it. Now people want Stewart to transfer. That will just compound the problem. We'll never made a Sweet 16 unless we get some depth and experience in the backcourt, and that won't happen with players leaving every year. Barry sucked offensively this weekend, but we need him to stay.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
This team without Jamont is less than .500 in the SEC and does not go dancing.

WPDawg

Mar 3, 2008
The subject of hiring an older experienced and better tactical floor coach as one of his assistants has been mentioned since Stansbury's 1st year. Let Stansbury recruit the players we want and get someone to help him on technique and floor strategy. Although Stansbury is better since his 1st season, it seems we still play with no serious offensive schemes. People say Templeton hates Stansbury so maybe the idea has been brought up before but LT said no to the money it might require. With the possible changing of the AD maybe this can be changed. I am sure our assistant coaches are good guys but they all look as though they are just in the learning stage themselves. It looks as though we have enough talent to beat anyone we play but is our coaching staff always making the experienced right call in tough game situations.

With that said, if Stewart or Hansborough could be the one guy who can actually come off screens and nail the open jumpers 35-40% of the time, we would be walking thru this tourney.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
is you really don't appreciate him when you watch him on TV, but when you watch him in person you can tell that he is just a little bit better than everyone else. He controls the game, along with Varnado on the defensive side.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login