GoTro must go!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I've had enough of our batting coach. it would be really tempting to get rid of Lemonis right now, but we have improved overall in this season. We just can't hit our way of a wet paper sack.

Reactions: 60sdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
When he first came here we were improving a lot at the plate. I think has a lot more to do with the guys we have. Some of that is on him last two seasons for guys not getting better at the plate and development. Then again sometimes guys just wear out and change is needed, but it could also get worse or we could hire someone that isn't as good.

Reactions: Maroon13

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We only gave up 4 earned runs against one of the top offenses in the country.
We lost because we left way too many runners stranded on the bases.
Funny that no one is mentioning this fact. Our pitching staff did an excellent job tonight and did not deserve that kind of support, should I say lack of support.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
I do not understand our inability to BUNT effectively.
Well, I’ve been saying for we need to bunt MORE.
Maybe if we’d bunt more than like once every 3 games we’d do better.
It’s almost like they have the mentality bunting is for pansies or something!
Good bunts put pressure on the other team!!

Reactions: dog12

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
I don't know how many of y'all were around for coach34's multi year campaign to fire Rick Stansbury, but it feels like we have about 10 posters that are just as obnoxious about Lemonis and Gautreau.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I do not understand our inability to BUNT effectively.
Few teams bunt effectively. Really should just never bunt. It's rarely the percentage play even if you execute it. And you're more likely to wind up with a hitter taking a weak swing with 2 strikes.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Few teams bunt effectively. Really should just never bunt. It's rarely the percentage play even if you execute it. And you're more likely to wind up with a hitter taking a weak swing with 2 strikes.
I disagree, we can't even move a runner at first to second.
Virginia does it, Vanderbilt, and many others.
Long did it yesterday, bunted too hard. Failed effort.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I disagree, we can't even move a runner at first to second.
Virginia does it, Vanderbilt, and many others.
Long did it yesterday, bunted too hard. Failed effort.
Announcers said UVA has 3 more sac bunts than we do this year. They didn’t bunt in the 9th when they walked it off.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I will say this about Gotro and then shut up. If Lemo doesn’t replace Gotro at seasons end, then, we should replace Lemo. I doubt if either happens, but that’s my 2 cents.
Well, he’s not replacing Gotro. And we’re not replacing him. But I agree with you. Should have been done last year, for both of them.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
we were beaten by Freshmen. Our Freshmen hitters can’t even get in the line up.
Never have I seen a team leave as many men on base as we do.
Piss poor approach at the plate all season and struggling against very mediocre pitching.
You sure are passionate about something you’ve referred to as a club sport.

Reactions: AlCoDog

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
we were beaten by Freshmen. Our Freshmen hitters can’t even get in the line up.
Never have I seen a team leave as many men on base as we do.
Piss poor approach at the plate all season and struggling against very mediocre pitching.
My issue is that every one of our batters seems to have the same approach at the plate. Everyone tries to work the count. I have been listening to Todd Walker for the past few weeks. Now he was a very good hitter. However his approach and mine are polar opposites. Everything he says I can't argue with, I just know that is not how I tried to hit and couldn't hit that way. Not every batter can hit in the same fashion.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Look, I'm frustrated with the offense this season for sure.

But is it really logical to think a guy who was a 3 time All American, the Conference USA Player of the Decade for the 1990's, a 1st round draft pick, the 2019 D1 baseball National Asst Coach of the Year, and the hitting coach for the next full season's national championship team, suddenly forgot how to coach hitting??

I'm gonna say no. Others will definitely disagree.

patdog

May 28, 2007

But is it really logical to think a guy who was a 3 time All American, the Conference USA Player of the Decade for the 1990's, a 1st round draft pick, the 2019 D1 baseball National Asst Coach of the Year, and the hitting coach for the next full season's national championship team, suddenly forgot how to coach hitting??

Results say he suddenly forgot how to coach hitting. Really wasn't all that sudden. We haven't been a good offensive team in a while. Recruiting plays a big role too.

Reactions: ababyatemydingo

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
the game is constantoy evolving. What worked 3-4 years ago might not work today.

geaux I’m sure has a big say in 95% of the hitters brought to campus. It’s his job to recruit and produce. The performance has been underwhleming the last 3 seasons…. If he’s brought back it needs to be on a very short leash.

Reactions: patdog

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

We said a lot of the same things about Foxhall heading into ‘23, and our pitching went from bad to a complete disaster.

Sometimes it’s hard to explain or understand why good coaches suddenly lose it, but Gautreau has done an abysmal job with this lineup this season, and State baseball will not get back to where we all want it to be by accepting this from its coaches. Lemonis was forced into doing something about Foxhall, and now it’s time to do the same with Gautreau. You have to demand better from your assistants

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We said a lot of the same things about Foxhall heading into ‘23, and our pitching went from bad to a complete disaster.

Sometimes it’s hard to explain or understand why good coaches suddenly lose it, but Gautreau has done an abysmal job with this lineup this season, and State baseball will not get back to where we all want it to be by accepting this from its coaches. Lemonis was forced into doing something about Foxhall, and now it’s time to do the same with Gautreau. You have to demand better from your assistants

You may be right. I just don't get the same feeling here. I didn't understand what happened to Foxhall, but it was obvious he needed to go

If I'm wrong about Go I'll acknowledge it. I'm sure he'll be back.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
One thing is for sure… he’s gone from the hot name on all the head coaching jobs to never mentioned…. He may be happy here and not want to go anywhere, but he also may not be as well thought of as we think…

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
One thing is for sure… he’s gone from the hot name on all the head coaching jobs to never mentioned…. He may be happy here and not want to go anywhere, but he also may not be as well thought of as we think…

Seems to be true. But the hot names from year to year often move up and often fail, so there's that.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
my issue is the coaches decision to pitch to the lefty with an open bag - that is inexcusable. that is a high school level coaching call

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Seems to be true. But the hot names from year to year often move up and often fail, so there's that.
Point was either he’s totally shutting the jobs out because he’s happy

or his work performance doesnt merrit consideration at the attractive jobs

Whether people fail or are successful is what it is… some flop, some turn into tony vitello, some fall somewhere in between

Dawg Hammer 87

May 6, 2024
I don't have the answer but our hitting seems to follow with our recruiting and the common denominator is.....Gautreau!! IF Lemonis wants to save his job then replace this coach! Has anybody really looked at what our team will look like next year?We will lose our entire infield and possible outfield! We may really sux!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login