Gotta be fake

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
That private jet will come in handy when he decides to interview for the next job
I read something several years ago about private jets. It said you basically had to have a net worth of at least $100,000,000 with a yearly income of around $10,000,000 a year to be able to support one. That's quite a perk, even if the price hasn't gone up, which I'm sure it has.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I read something several years ago about private jets. It said you basically had to have a net worth of at least $100,000,000 with a yearly income of around $10,000,000 a year to be able to support one. That's quite a perk, even if the price hasn't gone up, which I'm sure it has.

Well that’s just not true… I know several business owners that don’t have anything close to that net income or assets that have a private plane.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Plane =/= jet

I know several businesses and people that have props and jets and they don’t have the worth or income bill quoted above. Jets obviously are more expensive than props but they are not unattainable.

615 Guy

Jun 6, 2018
50 hours a year on a super midsized jet costs about $450k. I don't know what MSU flys but from what I've seen I'd say its no larger than a super midsized if not just a midsized jet . Once you start flying over 50 hours a year most people will look to purchase. There are tons of variables when it comes to these things.

It's a great perk no doubt but how many hours a year does the HC of a major program really need for personal use? These guys are working 60+ hours a week 8 months a year.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012

Not true.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Yeah....I don't think thats a factual stat either. My uncle was a pilot and had his own plane. He was pretty well off but no way he came close to that kind of money. State grad of course. No doubt it depends on what kind of plane and how often you use it.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Well that’s just not true… I know several business owners that don’t have anything close to that net income or assets that have a private plane.

I don't remember where I read it but it was talking about something very nice, fairly large, with intercontinental range plus a couple of pilots employed full time to fly it plus other full time staff. I personally have no idea. I've been in a private plane exactly three times, all four seat Cessnas that were rented. I know a couple of people who have small props, that's it. That's still quite a perk.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I’d be down for them to just buy my one house for 500k over value. That’d be my whole contract.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004

You pay a certain amount up front to secure a service (a lot) for a certain number of hours per year. They’ll fly to the airport of your choice to pick you up on 24-hrs notice. You don’t buy one unless you’re super, super rich.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
You pay a certain amount up front to secure a service (a lot) for a certain number of hours per year. They’ll fly to the airport of your choice to pick you up on 24-hrs notice. You don’t buy one unless you’re super, super rich.

That's what this was talking about, actually buying one.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
I don't remember where I read it but it was talking about something very nice, fairly large, with intercontinental range plus a couple of pilots employed full time to fly it plus other full time staff. I personally have no idea. I've been in a private plane exactly three times, all four seat Cessnas that were rented. I know a couple of people who have small props, that's it. That's still quite a perk.

So you were posting about something about which you had no idea? Imagine that.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I know several businesses and people that have props and jets and they don’t have the worth or income bill quoted above. Jets obviously are more expensive than props but they are not unattainable.

Those numbers are high, but it takes a hell of a lot of money to justify any jet, just because your operating costs go up so much compared to a turbo prop. I would probably buy a turbo prop if I had a $25M net worth. I’m not sure what I’d have to have to think I could justify a jet.

615 Guy

Jun 6, 2018
Thats business use, this is for personal use. I'm pretty sure most football coaches use university planes for recruiting trips.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Proving your idiocy, as always.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Those numbers are high, but it takes a hell of a lot of money to justify any jet, just because your operating costs go up so much compared to a turbo prop. I would probably buy a turbo prop if I had a $25M net worth. I’m not sure what I’d have to have to think I could justify a jet.

Being able to justify from a smart financial perspective vs being able to afford it are 2 different things. Does it alway make fiscal sense for a company/person to buy a jet? Probably not. But that does not mean you need to be worth $100 million and make $10 million a year to afford one

Aug 3, 2019
Don't we still have this bad boy around?[image]https://www.newsarchive.msstate.edu/sites/www.newsarchive.msstate.edu/files/inline-images/DocinBiplaneb.jpg[/image]

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Amateur athletics pays well. We'll soon have college football coaches making more than any professional coaches anywhere on the planet.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Some of y'all have zero reading comprehension. It's one of the reasons I find this stuff so entertaining.

LexSCDOG

Aug 5, 2014
50 hours a year on a super midsized jet costs about $450k. I don't know what MSU flys but from what I've seen I'd say its no larger than a super midsized if not just a midsized jet . Once you start flying over 50 hours a year most people will look to purchase. There are tons of variables when it comes to these things.

It's a great perk no doubt but how many hours a year does the HC of a major program really need for personal use? These guys are working 60+ hours a week 8 months a year.

Entire family is from Texas, this is so his wife and family can fly back and forth(and fly grandma/grandpa, brothers sisters etc or anybody he wants out.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
The private jet part is what is so hard to believe. That’s going to become contentious QUICK the second he doesn’t win. Can you imagine his wife needing the private jet to take her to New York shopping Tuesday - Thursday and to be on standby, right after they lost 27-24 at Stanford? Or Riley needing it to take him somewhere hunting mule deer, not hunt recruits after they just went 9-3?

That’s unheard of in these contracts. Sure good coaches get use of the jet, but there’s parameters around it. “Unlimited 24/7 use for he and his FAMILY” is wild stuff. USC going all in.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login