Gotta love these experts on the WWL

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I'm up late last night with a nephew that couldnt' sleep and so I flipped to ESPN2 to watch the bracket breakdowns. You gotta love this stuff. They pick brackets as if upsets have never occured in the NCAA Tournament. 2s play 7s, 3s play 6s, then 2s play 3s and 1s play 4s in every bracket. Seriously guys, why even pick a bracket if you are going to do that? Your expertise was to simply take the higher seeded team. I bow down to your mighty wisdom. Go out on a limb, give me some upset alerts, something.</p>

dogfan96

Jun 3, 2007
Stormrider81 said:
I'm up late last night with a nephew that couldnt' sleep and so I flipped to ESPN2 to watch the bracket breakdowns. You gotta love this stuff. They pick brackets as if upsets have never occured in the NCAA Tournament. 2s play 7s, 3s play 6s, then 2s play 3s and 1s play 4s in every bracket. Seriously guys, why even pick a bracket if you are going to do that? Your expertise was to simply take the higher seeded team. I bow down to your mighty wisdom. Go out on a limb, give me some upset alerts, something.</p>

Because the legit teams are a lot better than everybody else. The top 4 seeds have a combined 9 losses. I'd be shocked if less than 3 of the #1 seeds make it to San Antonio.</p>

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
<span style="font-weight: bold;">Overrated</span>

Who did No. 9 Oregon bribe to get invited to the dance? The Ducks had a 58 RPI, 6-10 away from home and a dreadful 4-9 vs. the top 50. Well, at least their uniforms aren't as ugly as the football team's. The Ducks do have a fun player to watch in 5-6 point (or is that pint?) guard Tajuan Porter.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Underrated</span>

No. 8 Mississippi State, coincidentally Oregon's first-round opponent, finished strong, 7-3 in its last 10, and will present Memphis with challenges up front if the Bulldogs slip past the Ducks.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/03/17/0317ncaasouth.html

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
The Ducks do have a fun player to watch in 5-6 point (or is that pint?) guard Tajuan Porter.
WIthout checking his stats, I think we have our first serious contender for title of RAT. Seriously.

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
Every year, the "experts" pick the exact same teams to finish in the exact same places in each division as the previous year as if nobody got any better or worse.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login