Grand Bahamas - Freeport

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Stay at the place youre staying if possible. Not much to do there. Never really recovered from some big hurricanes. Beaches are incredible though.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If the Bahamas are a third world country, then yes, Jackson is a third world countr, except, it’s you know, a city. .

Captain Ron

Aug 22, 2012
How about Elbow Cay? Going there in a few weeks.

We haven’t been since the hurricane, but prior, it was a cool Bahamian town with some good restaurants, shops etc. Rent w boat and head down to the south end and there is a cool sandbar/beach. There used to be a floating bar there that you could get food and drinks.

Be careful on the beach on the NE side. We have probably been there 10 times and I am not sure we have failed to see a shark trolling the beach yet.

oh, and of course do a tour of the lighthouse while you are there.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Unfortunately, it’s tragically closer than most municipalities. I can’t see a path up. It will take some miraculous changes in leadership.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Any suggestions on getting from Freeport to Marsh Harbour by boat?

Every flight from Freeport goes to Nasáu and then Marsh.

Ingomardawg

Oct 1, 2018
We haven’t been since the hurricane, but prior, it was a cool Bahamian town with some good restaurants, shops etc. Rent w boat and head down to the south end and there is a cool sandbar/beach. There used to be a floating bar there that you could get food and drinks.

Be careful on the beach on the NE side. We have probably been there 10 times and I am not sure we have failed to see a shark trolling the beach yet.

oh, and of course do a tour of the lighthouse while you are there.

Thanks. My brother in law keeps his boat there half the year and has wanted us to join them for a long time. Taking him up on the invite.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login