Great Googily Moogily…Re: Baseball Ticket sales

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Damn. First they buy up all the housing making us rent from them, now BlackRock must be buying all the season tickets so we have to buy them back at a hefty increase.***

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
FYI for those that weren’t aware: they sold student season tickets this year which are assuredly counted in this total and likely make up the bulk of the increase.

Sep 9, 2012
Where are all the folks that said that we built it just the right size?

Us keeping the existing dugout locations and first couple of rows on the old grandstands was a mistake you could see coming a mile away. We should have knocked every inch down and started from scratch because expanding chairback seating now is not going to be that simple. We can still do things to add to the grandstand, but it will be limited and sightlines will not be as good as they otherwise would have been. I know there are land locking issues down the first base line because of the road/Hump, but there are still ways to do it better than keeping the old sightlines.

The thought process at the time was always painfully short-sighted. “We are going to build just enough for the people willing/able to pay up for a 10 year contract and anyone else who wants to get in later is 17ed.” While there was no way to know a title was coming around the corner, someone had to recognize that demand was going to skyrocket when everyone saw how great the new park turned out.

And this criticism coming from a guy who always had access to a chairback in the old stadium and bought in when we built the new one… So no, I’m not hurting for a spot but I 100% understand the frustrations of those who are.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
FYI for those that weren’t aware: they sold student season tickets this year which are assuredly counted in this total and likely make up the bulk of the increase.
You know you could have kept that to ourselves. Let the lurkers seeth a little longer. FWIW other schools do this as well.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Relax, ten years from now we will be watching maroon avatars playing from the metaverse’s “Dude.”

Aug 23, 2012
How nice it has been not to hear the whining about SIGHTLINES. Now it raises its head again.
Let the whining start again. We could not expect it to go away without a fight.

Us keeping the existing dugout locations and first couple of rows on the old grandstands was a mistake you could see coming a mile away. We should have knocked every inch down and started from scratch because expanding chairback seating now is not going to be that simple. We can still do things to add to the grandstand, but it will be limited and sightlines will not be as good as they otherwise would have been. I know there are land locking issues down the first base line because of the road/Hump, but there are still ways to do it better than keeping the old sightlines.

The thought process at the time was always painfully short-sighted. “We are going to build just enough for the people willing/able to pay up for a 10 year contract and anyone else who wants to get in later is 17ed.” While there was no way to know a title was coming around the corner, someone had to recognize that demand was going to skyrocket when everyone saw how great the new park turned out.

And this criticism coming from a guy who always had access to a chairback in the old stadium and bought in when we built the new one… So no, I’m not hurting for a spot but I 100% understand the frustrations of those who are.

Maroonbulldog

Mar 3, 2008
They designed the stadium capacity based off the surveys they did from the fans several years ago. The size we have has a lot to do with the feedback most of us gave- or in this instance blew off and DIDNT give back…. That comes 1st hand from someone directly involved with the project

With that said- yes- it’s smaller than it should be.

engie

May 29, 2011
Need to add a second jumbotron on some angle behind home so 6k of these people can actually see the game. No need to rehash being right over this.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
This. Reward ticket holders every time their ticket is used and make the exchange simple to use.
Yeah, I want to buy season tickets to add to the number but no won’t go to any games so I’d like to just buy and be able to give them away.

Coast Dawg

Feb 28, 2008
This. Reward ticket holders every time their ticket is used and make the exchange simple to use.

Exchange has to be simple.

But additionally you can determine which tickets are not used and come up with plans to address that. Rewards is just one angle

Lastly, you can monitor the value on this secondary market and use that to help make adjustments to future pricing and/or commission charged when resold…. That commission on resells seems to be a big miss by the athletic dept. right now

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We are still here saying if this continues they’ll expand.

All is well.

Smaller and always packed is better than bigger and rarely packed.

But I’ll let you in on a secret, it will rarely be packed.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
We are still here saying if this continues they’ll expand.

All is well.

Smaller and always packed is better than bigger and rarely packed.

But I’ll let you in on a secret, it will rarely be packed.

If you're selling the season tickets every year, it doesn't matter if its packed or not. No team's stadium is packed for mid-week games and every weekend game. Not LSU, not Arky, not OM, not College of Charleston, not Stetson, not William Carey. Not even the Braves or Yankees. Major League teams don't build stadiums for mid-week attendance. They build for the max they'd need to seat if all the stars aligned, and I'm sure a lot more metrics that I haven't thought of. If you don't have supply to meet demand, you have opportunity loss on that income, after you reach the max amount you can raise prices (I realize theoretically, there is no max you can raise prices, but realistically there is a max). I also understand that excitement is at a peak right now, coming off a national championship. So, if we're still selling 13, 0000, 14,000 season tickets next year and the following year, we will have built it too small, and the unfortunate thing is that we are in a box on the location where it's built, and don't have a whole lot of room to expand it. As someone else said, building what we built, and leaving the dugouts and first rows was stupid. Should have leveled the whole thing and started with a clean pallet. With sightlines similar to TD Ameritrade. Just my opinion. Does anyone know exactly why it was decided to leave the old Dude's dugouts and bottom rows? I don't remember one being given. I mean, was it an LT moment, trying to save $14 on a $64 MM project?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
And we haven’t been doing this every year.

And everyone had a chance at the beginning but were either poor or pussies.

If this keeps up, they will expand slowly and methodically.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This doesn’t have to come first hand or second hand.

It’s a fact. And they didn’t just ask once. They asked a bunch.

Aug 23, 2012
Sight Lines

I spoke too soon. The University has now concerned themselves with sight lines. Just got an email regards stadium upgrades. I am now informed that the brick wall at the Adkerson Plaza has been lowered to help sight lines. I hope this pleases many of you.

How nice it has been not to hear the whining about SIGHTLINES. Now it raises its head again.
Let the whining start again. We could not expect it to go away without a fight.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login