Green Beans and Pulled Pork

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
So I tried something tonight. I have a shitload of Pulled Pork that I cooked Sunday that I need to go through. So I thought green beans are great with bacon and ham hock, why not pulled pork. So I took some of the fattier pieces and just mixed about half and half green beans/pork, and kept them on medium low for about an hour. Man they were fantastic.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Blender
Greenbeans
Boston butt
Cig lighter from a 1992 Toyota pickup truck….hit send….I can promise ya,

you can’t taste the plug-in…shitts gooood!1!1

What in the hell is wrong with you? Who in the hell still eats pork? Minus bacon…?

Seriously, some of you are still eating 17ing pork? This isn’t 1910.

Go get you a big asz ribeye or a Tuna filet and join the rest of us Alphas.

Jezzum Peet’s man, Pork. LOLOL*^*

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Blender
Greenbeans
Boston butt

What in the hell is wrong with you? Who in the hell still eats pork? Minus bacon…?

It was one of my sides for the tenderloin. I’m sure that’s a little too much for your Cathedral brain to handle****

Attachments

• 12D4A172-B290-477A-AC26-03A122C39FD9.jpeg
    12D4A172-B290-477A-AC26-03A122C39FD9.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 8F12AD4D-1B78-4A8C-9536-016F8BF81933.jpeg
    8F12AD4D-1B78-4A8C-9536-016F8BF81933.jpeg
    447.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Who doesn't eat pork ? Pulled pork, ribs, Boston butt, bacon, sausage .......so much deliciousness
Lettuce is always off his rocker. Remember that Michael Keaton movie Multiplicity where he makes clones of himself to help out around the house and at work? Well Lettuce is that 3rd guy, a clone of a clone.

talking michael keaton GIF

michael keaton chair GIF

michael keaton multiplicity GIF

GIF by Giffffr

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
It’s good in mustard greens too. When I cook butts I cook a lot and vacuum pack meal size portions And freeze them. From the freezer to a pot of boiling water and I’ve got fresh pulled pork for sandwiches, tacos, salads, or whatever.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Thanks to The Pack, I now know after all these years of eating "Country Style Ribs" I've been eating Boston Butt instead.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
It’s good in mustard greens too. When I cook butts I cook a lot and vacuum pack meal size portions And freeze them. From the freezer to a pot of boiling water and I’ve got fresh pulled pork for sandwiches, tacos, salads, or whatever.
Doing this has been a game changer at our house. A key tip for this method is to cool the butts in the fridge overnight before you pull them. This allows the fat to solidify and reconstitute when you boil the bag keeping everything like it just came of the smoker.

I always smoke 2 butts at a time, we eat 2 meals then freeze the rest. BBQ nachos have become a quick go to meal for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostman

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Doing this has been a game changer at our house. A key tip for this method is to cool the butts in the fridge overnight before you pull them. This allows the fat to solidify and reconstitute when you boil the bag keeping everything like it just came of the smoker.

I always smoke 2 butts at a time, we eat 2 meals then freeze the rest. BBQ nachos have become a quick go to meal for us.
I have started chopping my pork rather than pulling and we like it better. You get a better mix of bark and the various muscles that way. I pack mine warm when they cool enough to handle without gloves. I add a sauce called Bishops 3in 1 sauce. It’s not the Bishops BBQ in north Ms, it’s out of Alabama. It’s basically seasoned vinegar. I add it to the chopped pork prior to packing and it really gives it a good flavor and a little more moisture. We do BBQ Totchos with tater tots from the air fryer. They are fabulous.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Blender
Greenbeans
Boston butt

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login