Gunsmith in Jackson area

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Anybody got a good gunsmith in Jackson? I got what I think is a minor repair to an old marlin 22. Been sitting in my dad’s gun cabinet for 20+ years. The action on the gun closes very slowly. I figure it’s a spring that is the problem.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'm no help but my Marlin does the same thing, it sometimes won't even close all the way and will not let the rejected shell casing all the way out and jams the action open. Pull the action open pull the spent shell out and shoot again and its good for a few more rounds and does it again.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm no help but my Marlin does the same thing, it sometimes won't even close all the way and will not let the rejected shell casing all the way out and jams the action open. Pull the action open pull the spent shell out and shoot again and its good for a few more rounds and does it again.

Same here.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Good to know there is an easy work around. I feel quite sure there is a spring in there causing the issue. I think I can hear it when the action tries to close.

BigBully

Feb 27, 2008
I have used Swan's (on Old Canton Rd) in the past before I moved from the Jackson area. Not sure if they are still in business.

BB

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
You don't need a gunsmith to replace springs. Just order new ones, tear it down, and replace.

Which model Marlin is it?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Model 60. I did watch a video on YouTube on how to change it and I agree it looks very simple. I’d just rather have a professional take care of it to ensure it’s done right

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Tony Sanford is always recommended on the MS Hunting Forums. His shop is in the middle of BFE north of Forest. His number is 601-506-1078.

Hail State

Dec 27, 2009
I have used Swan's (on Old Canton Rd) in the past before I moved from the Jackson area. Not sure if they are still in business.

BB

Unfortunately Swan’s closed a couple years back. Go to The Range in Gluckstadt. They do good work.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login