Gus Bus

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Arkansas.
If they get Gus. I'll take Mullen over guys like Herman or Fritz. Herman is not improving that team at fau. I'm not taking a shot on another young unproven coach neither. I've had enough of that this year

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
All y'all idiots trying to find the next upcoming coach. Good luck with that
Scared Helton may be the next man up in StarkVegas and actually do something. Unlike what happened in southern cal?🤔
BTW his twin bro already coaches MSU baseball.🤣

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Gus couldn’t maintain the program at Auburn with more funds and talent than he’d ever likely have at State. What makes you think he’s the answer?
You know he finished 6-4 in the Covid year. What was leaches record that year.
Year before that he won 9 games tell me how that is struggling keeping auburn up. His worst season was 7 wins in 15. Every year was 8 9 or better. Won the west twice.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Year 1 at Auburn - 12-2 lost NCG
Last Season at Auburn - 6-4

That’s not really maintaining that program in my eyes

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Those are our only two choices. Arnett or Gus. Sad state of affairs
Who you gonna hire Kinne? He lost again tonight. No experience.

Chadwell? He is winning with what freeze built.

traylor? Never coached out of Texas?

Lashlee? He cached under Malzahn

Sumerall? Troy has always had done well. he's another defense guy. No thanks,

fritz. He is older and only won 2 games in 21.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
17 it. At this point I’d take a .500 record and a top 10 offense. FFS just shoot me now.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Who you gonna hire Kinne? He lost again tonight. No experience.

Chadwell? He is winning with what freeze built.

traylor? Never coached out of Texas?

Lashlee? He cached under Malzahn

Sumerall? Troy has always had done well. he's another defense guy. No thanks,

fritz. He is older and only won 2 games in 21.
I haven’t had enough to drink tonight to take up an argument about whether Gus is the only possible answer for our coaching woes…

• Haha
Reactions: Coast_Dawg

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I had an Auburn friend tell me that we should go after Gus. He then told me he wasnt sure if he was joking or serious. I told him that pretty much sums up how the state fan base feels about him as an option.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
All y'all idiots trying to find the next upcoming coach. Good luck with that
So you starting a whole thread to point out Gus’ win today had nothing at all to do with the discussion about our next coach? You just thought we’d all be super interested in the UCF-Oklahoma State game?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
So you starting a whole thread to point out Gus’ win today had nothing at all to do with the discussion about our next coach? You just thought we’d all be super interested in the UCF-Oklahoma State game?
No I'm pointing out how stupid it is to think Gus can't coach and has brought UCF down. If we could get him, he would win here. He knows how to win snd recruit more so than a lot of these unknown guys cutting their teeth still. So many of our fans want to find the next "it" coach. Can't take that risk. Our last two risk hires sucked asss. We need guidance and experience right now to put the train back on the track after leachs death and arnett blew up the train. We need a program builder that knows what they are doing and understands how to fix a team immediately. Gus took a zero win auburn team and won the sec the next year. He recruits and puts up numbers with athletes available and are plentiful in ms Alabama Louisiana and Tennessee. And his defenses are usually pretty solid too.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
No I'm pointing out how stupid it is to think Gus can't coach and has brought UCF down. If we could get him, he would win here. He knows how to win snd recruit more so than a lot of these unknown guys cutting their teeth still. So many of our fans want to find the next "it" coach. Can't take that risk. Our last two risk hires sucked asss. We need guidance and experience right now to put the train back on the track after leachs death and arnett blew up the train. We need a program builder that knows what they are doing and understands how to fix a team immediately. Gus took a zero win auburn team and won the sec the next year. He recruits and puts up numbers with athletes available and are plentiful in ms Alabama Louisiana and Tennessee. And his defenses are usually pretty solid too.
Are you as dumb as goat or are you goat?

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Sad thing is the SEC network allowed UCF to advertise their university and the big 12 just for the money; or was it a shot across the bow of underperforming schools that need to bring something to the table?

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Who's your pick. Chadwell?
I’m not sure at this point. I just know that Malzhan is not going to drastically move the needle with many fans and we need some major juice to extinguish the apathy that has set it.

I have been curious why the dude at Tulane is not brought up more. He’s a winner and already recruits the footprint. Maybe age? The AZ coach also interests me, but he may be a strictly west coast guy.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I would take Chadwell in a heartbeat if we could get him. Do you think Liberty is the first place he has won at ?? He is a winner. Not sure we can afford him or if he would be interested.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
You know he finished 6-4 in the Covid year. What was leaches record that year.
Year before that he won 9 games tell me how that is struggling keeping auburn up. His worst season was 7 wins in 15. Every year was 8 9 or better. Won the west twice.
Terrible analogy. Leach had to spend 2020 trying to implement his system AND having to remove the team cancers that metastasized during the SloMo Error. Gus was in year eight with a mature, established program.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Terrible analogy. Leach had to spend 2020 trying to implement his system AND having to remove the team cancers that metastasized during the SloMo Error. Gus was in year eight with a mature, established program.
He still won 6 conf games. Add in normal non conf that's at least 9 wins. This notion he just fell off is asinine. 2019 and 2020 they were just as strong. His only down year was a 7 win season in 2015

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
R. Lashlee and his entire coaching staff at SMU gets my vote. Offensive and defensive statistics are very impressive. Any hire is always a gamble, but I think this one would be as comfortable as any. Question is, can we afford him?

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
R. Lashlee and his entire coaching staff at SMU gets my vote. Offensive and defensive statistics are very impressive. Any hire is always a gamble, but I think this one would be as comfortable as any. Question is, can we afford him?
I like lashlee. Background with sec. Worked with Malzahn and with dykes. I would take him if he would come. SMU going to acc and SMU has deep pockets. I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas went there since he is one of them

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The AZ coach also interests me, but he may be a strictly west coast guy.
Fisch is a UF grad who has coached all over. Has SEC roots and no geographic allegiance. But we won’t be able to afford him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login