Gus Malzahn 3-0 at UCF, just beat TCU on the road......

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
.....man I'm so glad we went with #ShltShowTime instead of a proven winner with a niche system that would have worked with MS athletes. Not to mention KJ Jefferson.

Hey Fritz is at least competent at Houston, even with Barbay. Turns out UNLV was pretty dang good, huh?

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
He had zero interest in our job. Fritz has the same record as Lebby with a team that was already established. Odom failed in the SEC already, name all the failed SEC coaches to come back and win.

Reactions: drexeldog23

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Lot of guys spew "facts" on this board like they talked to the man himself. Likley hood they just read it here or heard it from a booster buddy "in the know" when that guy likely knows crap.

our fans think they are too good for retreads goat. You know that. Gotta have new and shiny.

I had high hopes for lebby and I chalked up Arizona State late road game and first power 5 game with a new staff and new squad. But that Toledo game just floored me. Talent void? Not enough to get our brains beat in at home against Toledo. Shows me lack of ability to make adjustments and improvements. Shows me lack of culture. Cared more about hiring his buddies than actually establishing what he talked about doing. Cared more about points than winning. Cared more about skill players than focusing where it matters in the offensive and defensive line. Song matter what skill players you have if you can't block or tackle or stop the run.
I also heard players were joking around etc late in the game. That shows lack of discipline and culture. Leach would have kicked their asss and so would have Mullen. Lebby may have too much Moorhead in him. But at least Moorhead could recruit the line. It's three games in but game three looked worse than game 1 and 2. Got to fix it. But this is why I didn't want a greenhorn again. Having someone like Malzahn that knows how to bring a program back to life or a cignetti that wins with the talent he has and has done it before would have been good for us. We got lebby though and we got him for 3 years so he better figure it out and quickly

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
.....man I'm so glad we went with #ShltShowTime instead of a proven winner with a niche system that would have worked with MS athletes. Not to mention KJ Jefferson.

Hey Fritz is at least competent at Houston, even with Barbay. Turns out UNLV was pretty dang good, huh?
I was told Gus sux. He couldn't win at Auburn yadayada. Ours fans deserve the **** we have. Malzahn if he wanted the job could have been our next leach. Dude can take jrp or Nick Marshall or Jefferson and win football games.

Reactions: patdog

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Lot of guys spew "facts" on this board like they talked to the man himself. Likley hood they just read it here or heard it from a booster buddy "in the know" when that guy likely knows crap.

our fans think they are too good for retreads goat. You know that. Gotta have new and shiny.

I had high hopes for lebby and I chalked up Arizona State late road game and first power 5 game with a new staff and new squad. But that Toledo game just floored me. Talent void? Not enough to get our brains beat in at home against Toledo. Shows me lack of ability to make adjustments and improvements. Shows me lack of culture. Cared more about hiring his buddies than actually establishing what he talked about doing. Cared more about points than winning. Cared more about skill players than focusing where it matters in the offensive and defensive line. Song matter what skill players you have if you can't block or tackle or stop the run.
I also heard players were joking around etc late in the game. That shows lack of discipline and culture. Leach would have kicked their asss and so would have Mullen. Lebby may have too much Moorhead in him. But at least Moorhead could recruit the line. It's three games in but game three looked worse than game 1 and 2. Got to fix it. But this is why I didn't want a greenhorn again. Having someone like Malzahn that knows how to bring a program back to life or a cignetti that wins with the talent he has and has done it before would have been good for us. We got lebby though and we got him for 3 years so he better figure it out and quickly
LOL, we have little talent and tons of culture problems from the last guys running things. Those players slacking were Arnett's boys. I would imagine we'll see a few more get shown the road soon.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I was told Gus sux. He couldn't win at Auburn yadayada. Ours fans deserve the **** we have. Malzahn if he wanted the job could have been our next leach. Dude can take jrp or Nick Marshall or Jefferson and win football games.
Leave UCF where you’re in a good place to win the Big12 without Texas and Oklahoma now or come to State to do a rebuild.

I’m betting he had zero interest in the job but hey maybe you know something everybody else doesn’t.**

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
LOL, we have little talent and tons of culture problems from the last guys running things. Those players slacking were Arnett's boys. I would imagine we'll see a few more get shown the road soon.
That's always the story it's arnetts boys or Moorhead's boys. There his boys now. He should have been fixing that during the game. Instead watching his showtime offense go 3-0 over and over because everyone knows we can't run the ball now because our pushes like a bunch of little girls. Our defensive line looks more like an open pasture right now. The guys we have don't even try tackling. Arnett isn't there anymore. These guys are getting paid well to coach these boys up. They looked worse against Toledo at home than they did at Arizona state

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
UCF is a better job under the current CFP format and conference makeup.

They are the current favorite to win the Big 12, which is almost certainly a top-4 seed.

Reactions: PBRME

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Leave UCF where you’re in a good place to win the Big12 without Texas and Oklahoma now or come to State to do a rebuild.

I’m betting he had zero interest in the job but hey maybe you know something everybody else doesn’t.**
I was told last year he had downgraded UCF now ysll saying he is going to win the conference. Make up your minds.

might as well give up if we can't lure a coach back into the sec. Lot of rumors he was waiting for the Upig job. Is that job better than UCF? If MSU is that bad we might as well get used to the cellar boys because that's where we belong. Some fans don't think we could have gotten a Malzahn others think we are too good for him. Man our fans deserve what we get. Which is another greenhorn that is getting his asss kicked by 17in Toledo at home.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
That's always the story it's arnetts boys or Moorhead's boys. There his boys now. He should have been fixing that during the game. Instead watching his showtime offense go 3-0 over and over because everyone knows we can't run the ball now because our pushes like a bunch of little girls. Our defensive line looks more like an open pasture right now. The guys we have don't even try tackling. Arnett isn't there anymore. These guys are getting paid well to coach these boys up. They looked worse against Toledo at home than they did at Arizona state
Nah, he didnt recruit those guys and if they don't buy in, they hit the road. We've literally got the worst defensive talent in P4. Hopefully the young guys can take over fast.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
I was told last year he had downgraded UCF now ysll saying he is going to win the conference. Make up your minds.

might as well give up if we can't lure a coach back into the sec. Lot of rumors he was waiting for the Upig job. Is that job better than UCF? If MSU is that bad we might as well get used to the cellar boys because that's where we belong. Some fans don't think we could have gotten a Malzahn others think we are too good for him. Man our fans deserve what we get. Which is another greenhorn that is getting his asss kicked by 17in Toledo at home.
We weren't the only team he turned down. Arkansas was looking at making a move and he wasn't interested there either. You're obviously in your feels so get it all out.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We weren't the only team he turned down. Arkansas was looking at making a move and he wasn't interested there either. You're obviously in your feels so get it all out.
Not in my feels at all. I'm just tired of the dumb *** fans and administration that msu has. We are a cellar dweller for a reason and not just in sports. And our fans that are in the know don't know jack and can't ever back anything up they post.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Nah, he didnt recruit those guys and if they don't buy in, they hit the road. We've literally got the worst defensive talent in P4. Hopefully the young guys can take over fast.
That's a bunch of ********. Bunch of guys he recruited out there whiffing. And he had every chance to hit the portal in the spring if he didn't like what he saw. He also has a chance to watch film when he was hired. Instead we focused on show time. I want him to be successful but so far three games in he ain't getting his dudes to put in what it takes to even be competitive.

• Sad

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

I didn’t say shít about Malzahn last year so quit with this “yall” BS and trying to lump everyone into your pity party.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I didn’t say shít about Malzahn last year so quit with this “yall” BS and trying to lump everyone into your pity party.
Ain't no pity party. Just calling **** like I see it. MSU admin boosters and fans can't get out of their own way. Too good for a coach. And too bad to attract one. So we get what we get. Which is getting our *** kicked by Toledo. Do you like being 3-9? Or 2-10? 1-11?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Ya'll keep talking this rebuild bullshlt but guess what? Lebby helped create the situation. It's an excuse to reset expectations and defer blame. It's BS now and any other time.

Croom had a 10-year plan for his "rebuild" too. Meanwhile most decent coaches would have gone to a bowl in 2004 with that roster.

Reactions: Maroon13

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Ya'll keep talking this rebuild bullshlt but guess what? Lebby helped create the situation. It's an excuse to reset expectations and defer blame. It's BS now and any other time.

Croom had a 10-year plan for his "rebuild" too. Meanwhile most decent coaches would have gone to a bowl in 2004 with that roster.
Lebby absolutely has to have some of the blame but you’ve convinced yourself that the other previous coaching staffs are blameless for what’s happened with the roster.

Reactions: RockyDog

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
There have literally been 5 teams win the SEC in the last 20 years. D a mn near half of those are Alabama. Most of that time is pre-NIL/open transfer. Malzahn won one of them. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Lebby absolutely has to have some of the blame but you’ve convinced yourself that the other previous coaching staffs are blameless for what’s happened with the roster.
Do you believe we are less talented across the board than Toledo? Does only Arnett get the blame? Yes he was abysmal. But why do we not have seniors, juniors, red shirt sophomores that are here from leaches tenure. I believe we do. Why are those guys not producers. Nobody wants to put any blame there because leaches last team had 9 wins and Arnett blew every thing up. How many guys transferred out, how many graduated? We were a pretty old team last year. Where were the guys underneath? Why are they not panning out or very talented? If leach Arnett and lebby recruited somewhat at our normal clip there should be enough talent there with good coaching to not get boat raced by g5

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Do you believe we are less talented across the board than Toledo? Does only Arnett get the blame? Yes he was abysmal. But why do we not have seniors, juniors, red shirt sophomores that are here from leaches tenure. I believe we do. Why are those guys not producers. Nobody wants to put any blame there because leaches last team had 9 wins and Arnett blew every thing up. How many guys transferred out, how many graduated? We were a pretty old team last year. Where were the guys underneath? Why are they not panning out or very talented? If leach Arnett and lebby recruited somewhat at our normal clip there should be enough talent there with good coaching to not get boat raced by g5
Not to mention with the portal any type of transition is made much easier than it used to be.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Not to mention with the portal any type of transition is made much easier than it used to be.
Yes if we use it wisely. But we got g5 guys on the line as starters. I don't think we have a good power 5 guy at all in the front 7 in defense and we whiffed on all the good recruits there, but question is. Why is the talent there that's been here 2-4 years so bad in those positions? Because that's past Arnett. He is partially to blame for his side if he ball, but some of those guys are okay. Either we did a terrible job at developing last 3 years or did a terrible job of evaluating or lebbys staff can't coach them up. Turner was a good coach. At least with a couple of really good pieces.
I think all of that is true. I think Lebby staff is hdving trouble coaching and scheming and we missed in recruiting last 3 years.
I feel like we spent all of our attention to receiver and qb and very little in the trenches.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Literally 53 of 85 players never played for either Arnett or Leach, including at least 16 of 22 starters. These are Lebbys players.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Literally 53 of 85 players never played for either Arnett or Leach, including at least 16 of 22 starters. These are Lebbys players.
While i agree... its year 1... year 1 rebuilds dont happen. Although agreed should be much better than this..fair to say b/t leach and arnett we were behind the curb recruiting wise before Lebby even walked in the door.

However again the way the team played Saturday gives me zero hope for him.... but again, there is a ripple effect from the previous years he inherited... and one the next coach will likely inhert due to lebby by the looks of things

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
You realize you're making the point right? Lebby brought in portal guys because there was nothing here and that portal window was short. Take the offense out and that defense is mostly the guys that have been here. The OL portal was razor thin and we had to have bodies. You'd have thought Leach would have at least left offense but nope. Arnett was an awful evaluator of talent too.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
11 starters of the 22 are Leach/Arnett guys. A couple are out hurt right now.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
Gus 1st job was my old hometown in the Arkansas delta which btw no longer even has a school.

long after I graduated and left

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005

But but but Salmon and Libby gettalong great and and they gon turn us into deep south OU...wait and see...you'll see. This this is beyond Dan Mullen hire.....

Croom was a much better hire than this guy

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
i dont get it.
DCD said he loves 2-10 seasons. I went one step further and said 1-11 seasons are even better and that to commemorate this remarkable season, I’m going to get a tattoo of “EKU & Eleven”.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login