Hack a Tiger!!!

Mag51

Aug 16, 2007
The winner of Oregon/MSU (hopefully us) should foul Memphis at least 40 times during the 40 minute game. Remember Hack a Shaq. If we advance to play Memphis, once we get Memphis in the 1 and one, put Augustus in and tell him to foul for five straight Memphis possessions. Once he fouls out, put Begley in and repeat, then Bolen, then Rod Bryant, then Iupe. Why not, they never play anyway. I say foul the **** out of em till they start making them with some consistency. It would make the game unwatchable, slow, put the crowd to sleep, and it would be funny as hell. Probably still wouldn't work but it would make for some interesting water cooler talk.</p>

Mar 18, 2007
If it did work, "Boy let me tell ya, that there Stansbury is the smarterest un coaching in this here tourneymant..."

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
but I do think guys like Brian Johnson and Elgin Bailey should be encouraged to be tough on Dorsey, and not be afraid to put him on the line.

I just really hope we have the chance to play them. I'm sure any State fan living in or near Memphis does too.

Aug 30, 2006
I just really hope we have the chance to play them. I'm sure any State fan living in or near Memphis does too.
that grew up in Memphis and whose sister was a cheerleader at Memphis State and whose parents became the biggest Memphis State fans ever while said sister was in school despite the fact that the father went to MSU for two years and both the mother & the father constantly proclaimed how they could not stand Memphis State before said sister enrolled there. Someone like that might like the chance to play Memphis and might really enjoy it should MSU win.....if someone like that existed. (/cowtowndawg)

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I wouldn't go that route, but I'd definitely watch, and when your team gets to 6 fouls for the half, I'd bring in your freshmen big men, and get them to get some off the ball fouls against Dorsey. That's essentially a free turnover if you foul Dorsey, especially in a 1 and 1 scenario.

Edited to add: Once you got the 9th foul, I'd go back to normal play and not foul purposely in the double bonus. But in a way you could at least attempt to use those three 1 and 1 fouls wisely and be sure Dorsey is the one taking them.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login