Had anyone watched Breaking in the Olympics?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I watched the two final challenges and it was interesting. They were definitely break dancers. They obviously moved to the music and even though they did such athletic things, it maintained the grace and beat. I couldn't help but think in a few years it will turn more into a gymnastics thing.

The floor exercise used to be more graceful way back when. Then the tumbling took over and most floor exercise routines have totally lost any gracefulness. They throw in some of the stiffest dance moves almost like cheerleaders. They ain't dancers.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I watched the two final challenges and it was interesting. They were definitely break dancers. They obviously moved to the music and even though they did such athletic things, it maintained the grace and beat. I couldn't help but think in a few years it will turn more into a gymnastics thing.

The floor exercise used to be more graceful way back when. Then the tumbling took over and most floor exercise routines have totally lost any gracefulness. They throw in some of the stiffest dance moves almost like cheerleaders. They ain't dancers.
I’m boycotting for omitting JCVD.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007

The top ones definitely had gymnast type athleticism and the improvisation they have to do was impressive. It’s kind of sad for them the Australia entrant completely stole all of the social media attention, it was definitely humorous though.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
I was watching highlights on peacock, and breaking will not be at the next summer games. Baseball and softball will be back.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
FYI breaking is going away in 2028. The next new ones(and returning ones) are “Baseball/softball, cricket (T20), flag football, lacrosse (sixes) and squash”. I actually might prefer watching breaking over cricket and dare I say, flag football. I have never watched squash, it’s like racquetball I guess, no idea on that one.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
FYI breaking is going away in 2028. The next new ones(and returning ones) are “Baseball/softball, cricket (T20), flag football, lacrosse (sixes) and squash”. I actually might prefer watching breaking over cricket and dare I say, flag football. I have never watched squash, it’s like racquetball I guess, no idea on that one.
Flag football will get attention because NFL guys say they want to play.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
When does cornhole become an Olympic sport? Ibfind the game boring, myself, but it's way more popular than some of the other sports in these games.

Plus, who doesn't want to see a bunch of beer bellies competing for a medal?
I’d rather see pickleball before cornhole. Absolutely no athleticism involved in cornhole…. Which can only mean it’s probably next in line.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I watched some. It was on the TV where I ate lunch yesterday. I couldn't get into it. But I was impressed with the physicality of it.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
I watched about 5 seconds, which was just enough to keep me from vomiting; an absolute and total embarrassment and degradation of the term Olympic "GAMES"!! Since when is that crap a "game"? Thank goodness it won't be part of the 2028 LA games!!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm sorry but that's the most clown thing ever. They cancelled it already for the next summer Olympics. An Olympics that will forever live in infamy

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I'm sorry but that's the most clown thing ever. They cancelled it already for the next summer Olympics. An Olympics that will forever live in infamy
It wasn’t canceled. It was a one time addition to the games. The host country can select sports that can be added. The US is adding baseball, softball, lacrosse, and flag football.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We watched the final 8 for men and final 8 for women.

It was really impressive. The energy was high, the interactivity between competitors was cool, the athleticism was insane, and the ability to match the music feel and beat was awesome.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I watched about 5 seconds, which was just enough to keep me from vomiting; an absolute and total embarrassment and degradation of the term Olympic "GAMES"!! Since when is that crap a "game"? Thank goodness it won't be part of the 2028 LA games!!
Athleticism, talent, skill, competition, energy.
What the 17 else do you want from an Olympic competition?

If Rhythmic Gymnastics exists in the Olympics, BreakDancing sure as 17 should be in the Olympics.

Why is golf in the Olympics? Why is Dressage in the Olympics?
But yeah sure, BreakDancing is a degradation to the term 'Olympic Games'.**

100+ years ago there was an Olympic competition called 'Plunge for Distance'. It was basically a competition to see which fat person could float farthest in a minute.
But sure, we need to worry about a degradation of the games now.**

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Athleticism, talent, skill, competition, energy.
What the 17 else do you want from an Olympic competition?

If Rhythmic Gymnastics exists in the Olympics, BreakDancing sure as 17 should be in the Olympics.

Why is golf in the Olympics? Why is Dressage in the Olympics?
But yeah sure, BreakDancing is a degradation to the term 'Olympic Games'.**

100+ years ago there was an Olympic competition called 'Plunge for Distance'. It was basically a competition to see which fat person could float farthest in a minute.
But sure, we need to worry about a degradation of the games now.**
You just love to be argumentative. I bet you’re the life of the one-man parties.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You just love to be argumentative. I bet you’re the life of the one-man parties.
I disagree with another person's opinion on a message board and listed why I disagree.
Should I have instead not posted my opinion on the message board?
Why is the other poster's opinion OK, but one that disagrees with it not OK?

^ I am not arguing here, I am 'just asking questions'.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I disagree with another person's opinion on a message board and listed why I disagree.
Should I have instead not posted my opinion on the message board?
Why is the other poster's opinion OK, but one that disagrees with it not OK?

^ I am not arguing here, I am 'just asking questions'.
I just find it odd how you feel the need to call people out constantly and must write a diatribe to do so. More often than not, it’s something truly meaningless. So instead of just scrolling on by, you waste your time and energy to critique others’ opinions.
Don’t mind me, continue on to try and get the attention you obviously don’t get IRL, and show us all how you are the welder of all that is right and correct.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I just find it odd how you feel the need to call people out constantly and must write a diatribe to do so. More often than not, it’s something truly meaningless. So instead of just scrolling on by, you waste your time and energy to critique others’ opinions.
Don’t mind me, continue on to try and get the attention you obviously don’t get IRL, and show us all how you are the welder of all that is right and correct.
Be like me and...

Ghosts Warning GIF by CBS

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
I watched. Some of the dancers were really good, and even in the finals, others not so much. The setup/arrangement looked like something from MTV's Spring Break, and numerous American men who are now in their 50's and 60's, if competing in their prime, would've outperformed 90% of today's contestants. It doesn't belong in the Olympics in that format, for certain.
The horrific Australian performer was the kill shot.

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login