Hail Mary Pass

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Thinking about the last play of Super Bowl and watching the ball fall well short from anyone. If you were the coach and knowing this is the last play of the game, would you keep you Starting QB in if there was a backup QB or another player who had a stronger? All they have to do is take the snap and throw. Nick Fitzgerald could have gotten that ball way down field.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Thinking about the last play of Super Bowl and watching the ball fall well short from anyone. If you were the coach and knowing this is the last play of the game, would you keep you Starting QB in if there was a backup QB or another player who had a stronger? All they have to do is take the snap and throw. Nick Fitzgerald could have gotten that ball way down field.
With the amount of distance they had to go for a TD you’ve got to do something else other than a Hail Mary. Going to have to be some lateral play.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
i remember when we played bama about 7 years ago at home. we were leading the whole way when they made their 4th quarter comeback. we had the ball around midfield for a last play hail mary. i told my boys then that it was too close for Nick to even come close. unfortunately i was right. he threw it about 10 yards out of the end zone.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We really had that game won until Dump Mufkin went into his shell. STILL pisses me right the hell off.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
i left out the part where on the first attempt we was around our own 35. the refs actually called a pass int penalty and moved the ball to midfield. that s when i said it was too close.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Only if the team has practiced it that way. No way I trust a backup otherwise, range or not.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login