Hail State from Point du Hoc, Normandy

msugrad2003

Aug 27, 2013
A couple of months ago, I received some good tips from you wild and crazy guys about recommendations for traveling in France. I will give a full update on our trip in the days to come but had to share this…
While visiting Normandy (Omaha, Utah, Bayeaux, etc) I happened to run into a state grad while leaving Point du Hoc. Small world.
very humbling place, to say the least.
also, spent some times following in the footsteps of Major Dick Winters and Easy Co.
more to come…

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Visited Normandy area (including Point Du Hoc) in 2022. Only had one day, but would love to have had a week there.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Sounds awesome. Hope you continue to enjoy that brief pit stop on the way to Equitorial Guinea. The journey is the destination, right?

Reactions: M R DAWGS

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I spent one day in Normandy back in 2010. We hired a local guide so we crammed a LOT into that day. It is moving to say the least.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Hitting Pearl Harbor later this year. Normandy is a little farther down on the list.

Oct 17, 2023
A couple of months ago, I received some good tips from you wild and crazy guys about recommendations for traveling in France. I will give a full update on our trip in the days to come but had to share this…
While visiting Normandy (Omaha, Utah, Bayeaux, etc) I happened to run into a state grad while leaving Point du Hoc. Small world.
very humbling place, to say the least.
also, spent some times following in the footsteps of Major Dick Winters and Easy Co.
more to come…
How about some pics of the area when you get back please?

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Visiting Normandy beaches is one of the most humbling experiences in this life. They landed here and went up there….Damn, that took balls I don’t think I have.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
And at the top of the cliff are the remains of those who gave everything. You ask a vet who made it to the top of the hill and he will tell you, ‘the guys in the cemetery are the real heroes.’

Jrobb

May 26, 2020
Visiting Normandy beaches is one of the most humbling experiences in this life. They landed here and went up there….Damn, that took balls I don’t think I have.
Until you are standing at the waters edge there is no way you can appreciate how far it is to the top of those cliffs. And all under fire ….. I don’t know how any of them made it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login