Happy Annual Masters Ticket Rejection Email Day

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Had this happen several times. I've got Augusta-area kin so I've played this lottery until I got bored.

At least in Powerball and Megamillions, you can at least get some money back-- sometimes.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I won a couple of times for practice rounds. Been with others who had tickets too. Beautiful place but I don't try anymore.

BigDog72.sixpack

Nov 5, 2012
Same here. I actually won practice rounds twice in 3 years, but that seem to end my luck in 2013. Nothing since. It's an amazing feeling when you do get called though! One thing to mention-if weather is an issue on your practice day, tough luck. Masters don't care about practice rounds and how much you spent to get there. Had some friends who were treated to this and they got the total shaft, being that all flew in from far locations. Showed up at the gate and practice round was cancelled. Just think of Marty Moose and you'll get the idea! ha

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
I won a couple of times for practice rounds. Been with others who had tickets too. Beautiful place but I don't try anymore.

The practice rounds are good for seeing the course and watching the loose and fun play between the players but the crowds are a ***** .... the tournament rounds are a completely different feel and atmosphere with much much smaller crowd to contend with. I was there in 86 for Saturdays round when Jack made a move and Nick Price set the course record ... but that was because of knowing several folks here in Georgia. In 93 I had the opportunity to get on as a gallery guard but couldn't accept it because I would have had to work there the entire week and I had just started work for a new employer and didn't dare ask for time off - the payoff to the volunteers working the tourney was to close the course down to membership and turn it over to the volunteers for an entire day ... Looking back I should have quit my new job (not really) .... The ticket lottery has gotten almost impossible for practice rounds ... They finally did away with waiting list for tourney badges - those are passed down by family from generation to generation ..... everyone should see it in person once but if you ever get a chance for the tourney rounds - Go

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Apparently it’s also

Realize you must not have entered the lottery this year day.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Same for me. Not even sure how many times I’ve been rejected but it’s an annual tradition for sure

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
It’s all corporate. My wife used to send customers every year. I could have gone every year but I had no idea it was this big of a deal. She doesn’t like golf and never wanted to go and would ask me to go entertain her customers. I guess I should have gone before she retired.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I went the last year you could actually buy practice round tks - maybe 1996 ?
The next year they went to the Lottery for just practice round tks and I won the chance to buy 4 for Tuesday.
Me and a buddy left Atlanta and went to Augusta early, early Monday morning - sold the 2 extra tks at a gas station off I-20 and Washington Rd, continued on into SC, played golf right across the border and closed down the Hooters and another bar in Augusta that night.
Went to practice round on Tuesday hungover and drove back to Atlanta late Tuesday somehow.
Have entered the Lottery roughly 70% of the time since when it rolls around and I don’t forget about it and have won ZERO tks since.
I’m thinking now they somehow know I sold the xtra 2 tks I won that year.
Wouldn’t surprise me in the least.
Either that or a bazillion folks enter into the lottery now.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Never got to see a tourney round. That would have been fun. Wasn't willing to cough up the street price for one.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login